Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random questions that don't deserve a separate thread

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Re: Random questions that don't deserve a separate thread

@cowboyguy wrote:

Post your random questions here, which you think don't deserve their own thread. I'll start off with the following:

1)      Is there a general consensus on this forum regarding the minimum credit score for getting U.S Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card? I would agree 720ish is around the minimum for this card. I read 2-3 other CC forums, and this seems to be the lowest I have seen. Keep in mind, they also may pull a ARS (Advanced Recovery Systems) report on you. This is a CRA that tracks Visa/MC apps, etc. so if you have a lot of recent apps/approvals for Visa/MC, this may be a factor. Also, it seems people with lower scores, lower AAOA, & shorter credit files are getting denied, or approved for the Cash Preferred (lower tier) card. Some getting that lower card have re-conned into Cash +, so YMMV.

2)      For how long do you need to have a Chase card before requesting for a CLI?  I cannot say for sure, but I opened a Freedom 6/12, and received a 2.2k auto CLI this month, with moderate usage.

3)      For how long do you need to have a U.S Bank card before requesting for a CLI? Again, a can only offer day my experience, but they also gave a decent (3.5k) auto CLI, after the account was open 3 months. Account was opened 6/12.  From what I have seen posted on other boards, lots of people got auto CLI'd at 3 months.

4)      For how long do you need to have a Citi card before requesting for a CLI? 6 months

5)      Do the following lenders do a SP or HP whenever requesting for CLI?

a)      Amex - SP

b)      Chase - HP for customer requested CLI

c)       U.S. Bank -  not sure

d)      Citi - SP

e)       Capital One - no experience with them, never got a CLI 

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 11 of 20
hussain99
Established Member

Does USAA ask for pay-stubs while applying for membership or CC?

Message 12 of 20
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

@rtw wrote:

How many inquiries on EX is too many for AmEx?

Not 9.

Wow

Message 13 of 20
rtw
Established Contributor

Do other creditors view accounts opened with AmEx that are backdated as new accounts?

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 14 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@rtw wrote:

Do other creditors view accounts opened with AmEx that are backdated as new accounts?

On a manual review almosr certainly.  Automated computer based decision, YMMV depending how they analyze the tradeline.

        
Message 15 of 20
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

What does the bolded part mean?

"Inquiries remain on your credit report for 2 years but only affect your credit score for 1 year"

I didn't get it. I've always heard an inquiry reduces the credit score immediately by a few points, but the credit score jumps up once a few months pass. How does 1 YEAR come in to play?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 16 of 20
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

I had 11, only 4 or which were in year 1, but they approved me for a 4K CLI from AMEX. 

Message 17 of 20
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

The HP remain on your credit file for 2 years, but are only calculated into your fico score for 1 year.

Lenders may still not like to see all the pulls, but your fico score will recover fully after 1 year of the HP. 

Message 18 of 20
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

So you mean I will actually see an increase in my FICO score by x points as a result of a HP that decreased my FICO score by x points today?

Consider this hypothetical scenario. I applied for CC today & the HP reduced my FICO by 3 points. Exactly after one year, I will see an increase in my FICO by 3 points only because this HP would expire at that time. Am I right? 

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 19 of 20
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@cowboyguy wrote:

So you mean I will actually see an increase in my FICO score by x points as a result of a HP that decreased my FICO score by x points today?

Consider this hypothetical scenario. I applied for CC today & the HP reduced my FICO by 3 points. Exactly after one year, I will see an increase in my FICO by 3 points only because this HP would expire at that time. Am I right? 

Well, none of us here know the exact calculation, we do know that HP last a year, but it's possible that they get less weight as the year goes on (or not).  But in general after a year the damage done by the HP is completely undone.

Hard to test of course, as many other factors, including things like the AAoA would also increase a year, even if you kept everything else the same.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.