Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rankings of AMEX, MC, Visa's, Luxury Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rankings of AMEX, MC, Visa's, Luxury Cards

I have a question for all the experienced members of the forums. Does anyone have a link that has where all the rankings from 1 - 10 of AMEX, MC, Visa's, and Luxury cards?  I apologize if asking this credit card question is in the wrong forum.  Thank you and enjoy what remains of your day.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rankings of AMEX, MC, Visa's, Luxury Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question for all the experienced members of the forums. Does anyone have a link that has where all the rankings from 1 - 10 of AMEX, MC, Visa's, and Luxury cards?  I apologize if asking this credit card question is in the wrong forum.  Thank you and enjoy what remains of your day.

There is no such list.  I hope you realize that there are a thousand, if not more,  of credit cards that are major credit cards.  You should focus on what your spending habits are and what credit card(s) fits that need instead of some arbitary list.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess you could look at ratings, like CreditKarma, but lists are definitely not comprehensive and often miss great cards (CK never rated Sallie Mae, which was one of the better cash back cards out there until it vanished)

Also it depends what you want. Customer service? Discover and AmEx are your issuers. Balance transfer? Slate and Simplicity are pretty great, but for rewards they would be awful. Want a low APR? Hope you have a few hours to burn checking out local credit unions. Cash back? Miles? Annual fees?

If you tell us what you want, we can help.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the value penguin website. They grade cards on a 100 percentage point scale.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I need to focus on is not any of your concern.  If there is no such list so be it...don't need your extra comments of my personal financial well-being.  Saying that...enjoy what remains of "YOUR" day.  LOL.

Message 5 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question for all the experienced members of the forums. Does anyone have a link that has where all the rankings from 1 - 10 of AMEX, MC, Visa's, and Luxury cards?

Rankings like that are meaningless unless your criteria happen to be the same as those of the person ranking the cards.  Define your needs/wants, preferences, priorities, etc.  Use those to select specific cards that suit you best.  Selecting cards is always about finding what fits the individual best and not some arbitrary list.  You can definitely use card review sites as part of your tools for evaluating cards but don't rely on another person's ranking.

The same sort of thing applies to just about any topic out there and not just credit cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

What I need to focus on is not any of your concern.  If there is no such list so be it...don't need your extra comments of my personal financial well-being.  Saying that...enjoy what remains of "YOUR" day.  LOL.

Your call to make.  We can only make recommendations.  What you choose to do with the information is up to you.  If you don't want comments then don't post on a discussion forum site.  There are plenty of existing threads you can reference for information on countless credit topics and no one will comment if you just read.

A lot of people assume that all topics are completely objective and that's just not the case.  There are a lot of subjective matters involved in decision making.  "Top" is subjective.  Top in what regards?  With what priorities?  Every decision in life is a matter of maximizing one's priorities and compromising where one is willing to compromise.  Everyone is not identical so there is no universal "top" list.

Message 6 of 13
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Then WHY be on a public forum??  Have a great day!   Don't ever discount HELP on this forum, lots of nice people that want to help others......

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on these public forums because I choose to be. I asked a simple question and got a simple answer. Therefore, I did utilize the knowledge and expertise of these forums. I didn't ask for anything else. My "FOCUS" was on the title of my post; that's it. There are many other forums that ask the same type of questions; albeit a different format but I don't see any extra comments on not focusing on this or that do you? Any other comments on how or what I should focus on is no matter else's business. DO I tell you what to do with your financial portfolio do? The initial answer to my question was answered; but saying I am wasting my time for asking about such lists and I should FOCUS on other things was wrong and should have been kept to one's self. Like he said; what you do with the information is my business. And I do appreciate all the nice people on these forums; they have been a great help. And you know what...I WILL have a nice day!!! LOL.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dread,

I am glad you are having a Great day! There is a lot of great help here - as you know...

When I started this I wanted everyone to tell me what the best cards were and the answers were the same for me as they are for you. As I delve deeper into each card and company, I find what works for me is much different than others. The forum can and will go out of thier way to assist with specific questions. If you are not comfortable sharing your goals you can use the extensive data provided. I tend to utilize both resources. I find credit counterintuitive and if were not for listening and learning from the ones who walked before me, I would not be winning the game.

Good luck on your search. Hope you find only bright days and awesome cards!

Message 9 of 13
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Yeah. That'll make people want to help you, OP.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.