Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rant about Juniper Low CC limit with FICO of 710

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rant about Juniper Low CC limit with FICO of 710

Ok, we both lost our jobs 6 1/2 years ago, lost house and filed Bankruptcy after exhausting savings, job search etc.  Moved new job kept noses clean, Capitol One gave us two cards, one CC for $3000, one for $5000 and a car loan at a 12% rate.  Husband is changing jobs and needed a $10,000 limit card as he has to prepay travel, hotel etc, then get re-embursed. Tried to get Capitol One to raise limit, no go, then read here that Juniper wouldn't hold a BK against you, especially with a relatively good FICO and clean record (no lates, only a few hundred dollars charged each month and paid off immediately) Today we received a letter from Juniper with the typical bait and switch offer of 'up to $10,000) and we called as my husband's needs had changed.  We went to the process of an application and received a slap in the face limit of $1,250!! We said, hold up there, his FICO is high enough, our record is clean and they were not willing to reconsider, or cancel the card. Asked for a Supervisor and that we would wait to speak and were disconnected (no surprize) Called customer service and got the card cancelled, but were given a bogus phone number to call to ask about what they actually required for a higher limit.. What recourse do we have? Any companies we could try once last time and not have a zillion hits on our credit report?

Message Edited by Danvilleduck on 07-28-2008 02:20 PM
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rant about Juniper Low CC limit with FICO of 710

the company doesn't offer a American Express Corporate card?
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, this Company, unlike his previous company, does not offer any company credit cards, strange as they are a huge multi-national company.  I may just trot down to our local Bank were we have some funds in Savings and always a lot in checking and see about a CC with a decent limit. Been banking there for 6 years, early on had a few over drafts until got on the auto pay/monitor account bandwagon. All been good for the last 4 years.  Still steaming over Juniper.
Message 3 of 30
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a fan of Juniper either. After 11 months, paying in full most of the time, keeping the card clean, and a close-to-700 TU score, I am still stuck at $400.
Message 4 of 30
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Try Pentagon Federal Credit Union.
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about Wamu? They seem pretty eager to give out cards and nice credit limits.
Message 6 of 30
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

WaMu has 2 cycle billing....Smiley Mad.  Juniper/Barclays ain't no prize, they rank down there with HSBC in my book.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 7 of 30
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Pentagon Federal is not BK-friendly. If you are a Christian, try CCCU.
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the two Capitol One accounts in the same person's name? You can call and ask them to combine them giving you an $8000.00 limit and they might also increase your limit at the same time (they did for me).
Message 9 of 30
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Uniqua wrote:
Pentagon Federal is not BK-friendly. If you are a Christian, try CCCU.

That old of a BK should not present a problem. I got a card with a nice limit 7 years out of a BK7. Looks like his EQ should be in the neighborhood of 690-710. As long as he doesn't have a lot of new accounts and high utilization it should work. Wamu might hand out a 2K card. Along with Juniper they are the whippiest issuers out there. 600 FICO might get you 7K while a 700 might get you 2K. You just never know with those two.
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.