Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rant about lousy CL's please advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rant about lousy CL's please advise

Not really sure impatient is applicable. Again I'm very happy to get Prime cards. It's just that I have been dealing with low CL'S for years. Yes it was definitely my fault for falling behind, but I did pay off 15k in debt and have good credit. Just like most of you it took a lot of work and patience to get where I'm at. My biggest gripe is not being able to establish a decent CL. I have had Orchard for 4 years. PIF just about every month and also carried a balance to keep them happy. Not a single CLI. I have a Chase business card. Two years of excellent history, never any lates on ANY card. Still no CLI. Realizing we have been experiencing the tightening of credit but still. I haven't had a single negative listing in almost 6 years and even then it was 3 30day lates. I've read a lot on this site and see MANY people with BK getting huge CL's. It doesn't add up. I will def take your advice and hope AMEX will be good to me as I plan to treat them well. I have been pushing about $1500/month on the Zync. I plan on doing about $500 on the Starwood and PIF. Guess we will see what that does.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were those auto CLI's or did you request?
Message 12 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just a little FYI --it really helps readers of a thread if you link your reply to the specific post. All you have to do is click on the post that you're answering, then click "Reply", and then click "Quote", and we'll all know what you're commenting on.

OK, carry on! Smiley Very Happy)

( --I do think that I untangled which post you were replying to at various times. This is mostly for newer members who don't know how to flag specific posts.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Just a little FYI --it really helps readers of a thread if you link your reply to the specific post. All you have to do is click on the post that you're answering, then click "Reply", and then click "Quote", and we'll all know what you're commenting on.

( --I do think that I untangled which post you were replying to at various times. This is mostly for newer members who don't know how to flag specific posts.)

how is that? Smiley Wink thank you Hauling!
Message 14 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

It's lovely! Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's lovely! Smiley Very Happy

Hey I haven't seen Hauling for along time Smiley Happy  and you know what I didnt even know you had to press the "quote" button!!! I thought it auto did that...  but nothings auto these days. not even CLIs right? Smiley Wink

I just wanted to chime in on 'iluvmyfico' because I understand. Chase is notorius (IMHO) for no CLI's, I've had my card at 2500cl for 2 years and treating it well, no CLI. My C.U. Card is at 7500.  I never apply (and hope to never apply) w/ Orchard or Cap One because I consider them substandard lenders so I'm not interested in them. BTW: Orchard and HSBC both declined me early on so I had to go the Secured route, when I was declined for Secured Wells Fargo and Secured CITI, I went on some serious soul searching and signed up with a little bank called New Millenium Bank for their Secured Plat Visa (highly recommended) .  

Anyhow , I broke the barrier when a great poster w/ the name "haulingthescoreup" suggested in a thread that I go get a good Credit Union and apply there. Thats how I got my $7.5k CL. If your CU is treating you badly (which it sounds like so doing manual CLDs) I would just kick them out and FIND A NEW CU. Try Alliant, PenFed, or anyone else. Give it a shot, open an account,  and do the app with them. A GOOD CU should give you a high credit limit if you are earning that good of a salary.

Secondly, if I don't really like a card I will just close it out. I don't give a rats behind about losing a few points here or there, I just close it and make sure they send me a letter that its closed in good standing, then confirm it on my credit report, and close tat chapter of my life. but thats just me Smiley Happy     Best!

Message 16 of 18
wollepopolle
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not really sure impatient is applicable. ...

Point taken! I would agree with you that you deserve CLIs. You have good scores and exhbit good credit behavior. Banks often don't care much about that, it seems. As a previous poster mentioned, Chase is especially stingy with CLIs. From all the cards that you have, the Amex might be the best. You might have to request these increases, but Amex doesn't do hard pulls for them. They'll give you a nice limit before the two year mark has come around, I bet. Request a moderate increase every six months or so, and you'll be find (provided you making all your payments on time on ALL cards and you do not accumulate debt which seems a big negative with Amex). After six or seven months, do the Amex CLI request and request $1000, then another six moonths, request $2000 (for instance). That would give you a nice line of $4000 after a year.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wollepopolle wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Not really sure impatient is applicable. ...

Point taken! I would agree with you that you deserve CLIs. You have good scores and exhbit good credit behavior. Banks often don't care much about that, it seems. As a previous poster mentioned, Chase is especially stingy with CLIs. From all the cards that you have, the Amex might be the best. You might have to request these increases, but Amex doesn't do hard pulls for them. They'll give you a nice limit before the two year mark has come around, I bet. Request a moderate increase every six months or so, and you'll be find (provided you making all your payments on time on ALL cards and you do not accumulate debt which seems a big negative with Amex). After six or seven months, do the Amex CLI request and request $1000, then another six moonths, request $2000 (for instance). That would give you a nice line of $4000 after a year.

Thanks for your input, I think you're right about AMEX being the way to go.  I will not ask for crazy CLI's as I'm really not looking for a HUGE CL as I don't need it.  I just wanted the Starwood at about 3-4K since I'm planning a little trip in December and of course staying at their properties.  I don't think this CL will even cover the 4 nights. 

Probably going to stop the app'ing and get added as a AU on a high limit card with spotless history.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.