cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rarely receive prescreen offers, wondering why?

tag
startover03
New Contributor

Rarely receive prescreen offers, wondering why?

I rarely receive prescreen mailed credit card offers, except from companies I already have a card with.  On occasion I receive one from a subprime lender, or for a hotel branded card (probably because I am a travel rewards member for a couple hotels?).  I don't recall "opting out" but may have I suppose.  My BK recently dropped from my credit reports and I hoped I'd get some offers in the mail (ya know it's nice to be asked once in a while) and I just wonder if anyone has experience with post BK, when you started getting mailed offers, and also I'm wondering if I should go to the opt in website in case I opted out and forgot, since any offers I get seem to be with companies I do business with in one form or another.

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rarely receive prescreen offers, wondering why?

If you want to make sure that you're opted-in, you can use the link in my sigline to go to the opt-out/pre-screen website to opt back in.

Good luck!

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prescreened offers don't come in a steady flow to me, either, and my scores are pretty good. There was a big rush of lots of different offers in the second half of last year, but  then there was a break of a few months again. At the moment, my mailbox is full again, but only with offers for airline cards from those airlines I have frequent flier programs with, and Chase bombards me with offers for Freedom, Slate and whatnot (I have their amazon card). What I want to say: offers come in waves for me.

Message 3 of 4
startover03
New Contributor

Thanks for the link LilMirth and Ulan thanks for the feedback.   I opted back in just in case.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.