Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Applying for Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-Applying for Amex

About 2 months ago Amex closed my account due to a decline in my credit score and a return payment fee. Since then I have managed to bump up my credit to 740, what are the odd that Amex will approve me again? Is it wise to apply again? My account was left in good standing payments were made in full. 

2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Re-Applying for Amex

I understand that Amex can be helpful in these type of situations. Great that you didnt burn and had the account in good standing. Maybe give them a call or perhaps app again in hopes they only sp you. Good luck , things happen sometimes but we grow from themSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 3
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Re: Re-Applying for Amex

When my mom closed my AMEX ED AU card she had for me I was able to still login to their site under the account I had linked it too. There just wasnt any cards. If you can login, maybe check your score there if they still allow it. Then I would app from within the account page. I just got approved for my own BCP and ED and when I log in it says member since 2016 (account from my old AU card). 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.