Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Barclays credit Good or bad ??

tag
mousefai
New Contributor

i just applied the barclays mastercard and it was approed for 1500.

i asked for a limits increase but the staff said another hard pull is required and he suggested me to do it after 6 months of normal activity on the card. 

any fellow wanna share the opinion of this card?

thanks. 

Mod: I spun this off as a new thread as this was attached to a thread that was more than a year old. A fresh discussion can start here.

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

I have had my NFL card for almost a year. Two CLI's. Started with $500 then to $1000 and now $2000 Just cashed in my reward points. So far so good.

Message 2 of 18
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 18
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I was approved for a Barclays credit card in May, $1500 limit. I called and asked for more, and allowed a HP.

All I got out of it was the additional HP to pull my credit score down. They wouldn't give an extra inch of credit limit.

So, based solely on my one experience, I suggest you wait 6 months and see if they give you an auto CLI, and then if necessary use a HP for a CLI. That way they will have some experience of you using the card, and you will have a much better chance of getting something for the HP.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congarts on your new card 

My barclay history 

Approved 12/31/12

Auto CLI 6/12/13

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 18
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

does their love button cause a hard pull?

Message 6 of 18
westcoastpirate
Contributor

^^I'd like to know the answer to this as well.
Message 7 of 18
mousefai
New Contributor

i actually did called and ask for a increase. however, the lady told me a second pull is required and the chances of getting a higher limit is low.

i told her no thanks and she said wait for 6 months of regular use of the card then get a increase. 

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 8 of 18
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Did you speak with CSR or credit analyst?  I ask because I was able to recon my initial limit without an additional HP.

The card has been great for me.  Easy to track rewards and the bonus of getting 2X points at a lot of places I didn't expect.  Barclay is quick with applying paymnts and points. 

Message 9 of 18
mousefai
New Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Did you speak with CSR or credit analyst?  I ask because I was able to recon my initial limit without an additional HP.

The card has been great for me.  Easy to track rewards and the bonus of getting 2X points at a lot of places I didn't expect.  Barclay is quick with applying paymnts and points. 

honestly, i didnt know. it is just SOME lady on the phone.

but she is pretty confirm with me that the odds of being approve is low. so i trust her

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.