Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Opening a closed TL

tag
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

Re-Opening a closed TL

Has anyone ever tried to get a closed acct re-opened and have the old TL continue reporting to keep the age?

i had FNBO close my acct due to pegging the CL.  I didn't know what Inwas doing at the time and thought I could show them that I needed more room.....yes, I'm an idiot and that didn't work,   

Now I see the fault in my ways and would like to have them re-open that acct in lieu of a new one.

any shot?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Re-Opening a closed TL

Depends on when it was closed. Most lenders will just make you reapply, but sometimes if it was closed less than 30 days ago. They might reopen it for you.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Most creditors are not thrilled with the idea of reopening accounts. Generally speaking, if it was more than a month ago that you closed it, it's not gonna happen and you just have to reapply. If it has only been a few weeks you may have a chance, but it's truly YMMV and all you can do is call and ask.

Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP - sometimes it's just best to learn from the situation and move on. Unfortunately, with FNBO, they do not reopen closed accounts.
Message 4 of 6
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

Thanks...I suspect the same...just looking for confirmation

Message 5 of 6
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Real quick what does "pegging the CL" mean?
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.