Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The all new Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: **UPDATED 11/22**Latest on Costco and Citi Bank Visa

I'll try! You'll be kept updated with letters as well. I'm mainly following this thread just to make sure there's no misinformation spread because then I know it's going to be me you all call yelling at Smiley Wink lol
Message 211 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:
Please let us know!

I was thinking---you have a BCE/BCP in your sig, why would you want this? Then I realized that you're probably in a similar boat as me. Your TE is backdated, your BC is not. My TE is my only 1987 card. I want to do what I can to keep that line open. But I'm hoping that whatever comes next will be different from what I've already got. Fingers crossed, for both of us! 

Message 212 of 551
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:
Amex stopped backdating to the credit bureaus in March of this year. The only backdating available is internal, which for reporting purposes is useless.

And this is the main reason why I don't get overly excited in regards to obtaining any more Amex. This feature separatated them from the pack. They are no longer imho the elite of the elites. Chase have surpassed them and citi is catching on fast. Barclays can be seen in the rear view mirror. 

I am strengthening my reports and holding out for the Citi Cosco after its initial launched. Will probably get a much better offer then. Ok...back to my garden. 

Message 213 of 551
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@TortoiseWins: Bingo! **crosses fingers**

@tntexans72: Amex shot itself in the foot big time when it eliminated backdating. Now they're just another issuer with inferior acceptance

Message 214 of 551
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I am just curious as to how this new Citi card will be issued. Will it be an actual Citi card or will it be grouped into the Citi retail side along with Macy's, Best Buy and Home Depot? Just curious, because I hear folks saying this is their foot in the door with Citi, but if it's Citi retail it's not really a foot in the door with Citi is it?

Message 215 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same boat I don't mind having to cards knowing that migrated card will be backdated my TE is my oldest account I got.
Message 216 of 551
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

It's mostly speculation but I personally think the new Citi Cosco rewards will be in line with the Sam's MC. Hopefully no more rotating category 5%. Just make it an all day everyday 5%. 

Message 217 of 551
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

I keep reading about letter(s) from Costco.  I have received no letter(s) from Costco.  Wonder why that is.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 218 of 551
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

I keep reading about letter(s) from Costco.  I have received no letter(s) from Costco.  Wonder why that is.

Is your Costco membership active?

Signature needs updating
Message 219 of 551
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

Amex shot itself in the foot big time when it eliminated backdating.

Amex may not have had any choice, given laws and regulations and all that stuff.

As for Costco, DW has a TE card and also a BCE card, both 1985. She recently got an Amex Everyday card, not backdated. We have no idea what will happen in April. An extra twist is that her Credit Secure is attached to the TE card, and I don't think you can just call customer service to have it moved to another card.

Message 220 of 551
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.