Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The all new Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: **UPDATED 11/30**Latest on Costco and Citi Bank Visa

Omg no not your heart!!! Unfortunately the fun stuff is still confidential so I can't tell you anything other than tease that there is a "something" --- but omg I don't want you to suffer with your weak heart!! It always pains me to have to offer this but someone has to do the hard job... shall I pull the plug, my dear forummate?

Message 241 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

I-don39t-like-your-face-meme-4167.jpg

haha im only kidding.

Message 242 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whaaaaaaaaaaa @ poopka89

Message 243 of 551
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

So, where is the tidbit?
Signature needs updating
Message 244 of 551
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Latest on Costco and Citi Bank Visa *11-30-15*

@Anonymous wrote:

lol, it sounds like we might have either 1 or 2 choices . 1 agree to the Amex Blue cash  and then apply if you want the Citi visa TE or...

2. Decline amex and continue product change to Citi visa TE

which Both Would be considered new accounts Smiley Mad

So basically we're screwed either way?

Message 245 of 551
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I don't see why a product switch to a different AMEX card will require the creation of an account with a new opening date if moving the current account to Citi may not even be an option for some.  If Citi buys the current account then that account will need to have the number changed from an AMEX number to a MasterCard number but even in that case I think the account should still retain its original opening date even though the card number changes. That is how all my other accounts that have been taken over by new banks have been treated. Also, in the case of a person  not given the option to move to a Citi account why can't the current AMEX product simply be product changed to a different AMEX product while retaining the original account opening date?  That part is confusing to me. I think a card account should be able to retain the current account opening date whether the account moves with it's balance to Citi or is product changed within AMEX.  Discuss...

Message 246 of 551
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I still don't think it will report as a new account with a new opening date.. I would think it would be like when a mortgage changes lenders, old mortgage is closed, new one is opened and is backdated to when the first mortgage was opened....

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 247 of 551
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
To clarify, they aren't really giving you the choice - you are just being told one of two things is going to happen - either A or B in the end depending on how the discussions go down.

Indeed.   It seems like the portfolio issue really should have been settled by now if they wanted a smooth transition.   Costco seems to think the portfolio sale is a likely outcome...AMEX seems a bit more on the fence.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 248 of 551
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Message 249 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm interesting, i wonder if they're trying to promote and bring this card back strong, maybe product change from the TE , thoughts

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/old-blue-cash-calculating-the-annual-6500-reset/

Message 250 of 551
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.