Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The all new Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi

tag
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Re: **UPDATED 11/30**Latest on Costco and Citi Bank Visa

Here's a quote from the CFO of costco today:   

"The original contract with Amex ends March 31 this year but “our plan is to extend that” by a few months until the Citigroup deal kicks in"

Message 331 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was at Costco earlier this week. The cashier told me that we should be getting our Visa cards at the end of the May. Our Amex cards will work until we get the visa. She said we won't have to apply for another card.
Message 332 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes any Amex will work . Amex is doing this pretty much on purpose so that at least for the members they can cash out their rebate checks which come in the February statements . Once that has been achieved mid of the year is what we are looking at for the transition

I agree that any AmEx will work.  But I'm not sure what that has to do with cashing out the rebate checks.  Members will get their rebate checks in February and can bring them to Costco and cash them anytime, regardless of what payment methods Costco accepts.  Why would that matter?

Chris.

Message 333 of 551
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Just came across this article. Interesting read.

http://www.lowcards.com/costco-cardholders-receive-credit-card-numbers-39368

Message 334 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cain- wrote:

I think the "card numbers will change" point was already discussed in this thread. Smiley Happy 

Message 335 of 551
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

I think the "card numbers will change" point was already discussed in this thread. Smiley Happy 

That article is beyond interesting. it states we won't loose our longevity.  Thus, it won't be a new card.  However, I doubt if I'll get the longevity of the backdated card AmEX gave me. My AmEX gives me 31 years of history and Costco didn't exist back then.  It'll be interesting to see how it's handled and how it's reported to CBAs if the article is correct.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 336 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this card has no unique perks there's really no incentive to use it.
Message 337 of 551
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If this card has no unique perks there's really no incentive to use it.

I'm sure it'll have the same perks as the previous Costco AmEX.  The best part about the Costco AmEx is that I didn't have to worry about those receipts that fade over time. Costco could look up my purchases as long as I paid with my AmEX.  Especially if I had the box or package for the item.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 338 of 551
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cain- wrote:

That article is beyond interesting. it states we won't loose our longevity.  Thus, it won't be a new card.  However, I doubt if I'll get the longevity of the backdated card AmEX gave me. My AmEX gives me 31 years of history and Costco didn't exist back then.  It'll be interesting to see how it's handled and how it's reported to CBAs if the article is correct.

I'm betting your account  will keep the same opening date reflecting 31 years of history.  That's how a portfolio purchase tends to work. The new Visa card number will replace the AMEX card number but all else will likely remain the same for the account.

Message 339 of 551
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outside of Costco, I never used the card. I would prefer a card that I could get more use out of.
Message 340 of 551
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.