Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-allocating Credit Lines-question?

tag
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Re-allocating Credit Lines-question?

I have 2 USAA mastercards and my highest limit is 7000.00 and the other is 4000.00.  I would love to have a credit card with a 10,000 limit or higher.  I think it would make it easier to get higher limit cards, instead of the mediocre lines I have recently got. 

Can I re-allocate the  4000 limit to the 7000 card and then close the card?  That would leave me with 1 USAA card but with a higher limit!  Less cards to manage also.

I also have 2 AMEX revolvers, Delta and SPG.  The Delta has only 1000.00 credit limit and I was denied a CLI at the 60 days.  My SPG has a 5000 limit...can I move the Delta line over to the SPG and close Delta?  I've heard that both AMEX and USAA will re-allocate credit lines, just wondering if anyone has done it and does it make a difference?

Any advice is much appreciated!

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Re-allocating Credit Lines-question?

Wouldn't hurt to call up USAA and try it, most will consider it if you have a good relationship with them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.