cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-apply after being rejected twice? Would you?

tag
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Re: Re-apply after being rejected twice? Would you?

As mentioned, unless you've done something to improve your credit since the last app, it doesn't make sense to waste HP's. I app'd for Sallie Mae back in April, only had a few months of history so they denied me stating they wanted more history. I waited until my Discover showed 7 months history, lowered my utilization and got rid of my only baddie.

I had to recon for approval and was approved for only $500 after the second recon. They told me that I was instantly denied by their system because not enough time had passed since my last denial! No matter what I had done, I would've received an instant denial online.

Unless I'm missing something, if you applied in June and are waiting until December, that's 6 months! I'd wait at least that long. What were the reasons they gave you for denial?
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 11 of 16
GlocksAndCredit
Regular Contributor

@flawesome wrote:

I alpplied for the Sallie Mea card in June and will apply again in late December. I know I should wait 6 months, but I can hardly stand to wait three. If I were to be rejected again there is no doubt in my mind they would see another app from me three months after that.

Have you ever been rejected twice? Did you persue it still? Are there any cards you think you would have re-applied more than once for if you had been rejected for them?

Did you try reconning??? Barclay's is excellent with Recon....

CSP $9500, CapitalOne VentureOne Sig Visa $8000 Chase Freedom Sig Visa $5000, Citi ThankYou Preferred Sig Visa $5000, Amazon Store Card $5000, Discover IT $4800, CapitalOne Quick Silver MasterCard $4000, Fidelity AMEX $4000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $3300, Hilton Honors Sig Visa $3300, Citi Double Cash $2700, SunTrust Cash Rewards $2500, Citi Simplicity Visa $2300, AMEX BCE $2000, AMEX Everyday $2000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles $2000, Amazon Reward Visa $1800, BP VIsa $1800, Barclays Apple Visa $1700, Suncoast FCU $1000, Target REDCard $900

Current Scores: EQ 727 (Fico), EX 735 (Fico) **In the Garden unti....forever.
Message 12 of 16
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

I was rejected by Amex and Chase twice. After the first rejection I added a few accounts and worked on my cr. Had some baddies removed via GW and established longer history with store cards. Still rejected. Several months later I was accepted by both with way better CLS and IRs than if I'd been accepted earlier. Don't give up, but take some time to understand why you were rejected and spend the next six months working on that.
Message 13 of 16
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Like others have said, unless something significant has changed on your report (positive change) resulting in a nice score bump, why would you assume they would approve you? IMHO it would be a waste of a HP.

It's like asking out a girl and having her say no, and then calling her the very next week and expecting a different answer! But...if you get into the gym; work on the abs; get a new haircut; use some teeth whitener; move out of your parents basement...THEN ask her out again in 6 months...perhaps you get a different answer ;-).

(OK really strained analogy!)
Message 14 of 16
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:
Like others have said, unless something significant has changed on your report (positive change) resulting in a nice score bump, why would you assume they would approve you? IMHO it would be a waste of a HP.

It's like asking out a girl and having her say no, and then calling her the very next week and expecting a different answer! But...if you get into the gym; work on the abs; get a new haircut; use some teeth whitener; move out of your parents basement...THEN ask her out again in 6 months...perhaps you get a different answer ;-).

(OK really strained analogy!)

+1  

Add Quit the band and get a real job Smiley Tongue

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 15 of 16
flawesome
Contributor

When I applied for the 1st time back in June I called recon and the lady told me I just needed to demonstrate that I could pay of a larger monthly balanc than I have been paying(I don't mean to say I ever kept a proper balnce, I pay in full every month without fail). I charged my rent and such and then payed it all off and called back. At that point I was told my short credit history was the problem. So all I can do is wait then :/ my credit score has increased a good 30pts about from lowered utalization after I opened a few new cards...but now my average credit history is even shorter. 

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.