cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-evaluating my wallet: Close highest CL card?

tag
medo
Frequent Contributor

Re-evaluating my wallet: Close highest CL card?

Hey Folks,

So, I was recently approved for the Citi Prestige, which benefits me more than any other card since most flights out of Seattle via American are done through Alaska, meaning most places I want to go are non-stop since Alaska's hub is in SEA.

That being said, I'll be putting much of my spend on this card.

I have a CSP, Ritz, Freedom, PRG in which I am trying to decide what to keep open and close.

The CSP was a good starter for me, and is most largest CL with $15,500.  I want to close it since I cannot justify the AF.  United and SWA are the primary transfer partners for me there.  I never use United, and SWA has been more expensive than any airline for my travels (lately they have come down on pricing it seems though).  Candidate for closure, but really need advise on whether it is wise to close it.

The Ritz - Got for the 140k bonus.  While the $300 airline credit is nice, I'd rather just pay it in cash, and earn points on it than pay it via an annual fee.  Candidate for closure.

The Freedom - Willing to keep this open, but kinda competes with my DIscover.  Since it has no AF, it is OK to keep open.

The PRG -  I figure I can technically justify keeping this card open.  The benefits slightly outweigh the AF.  I'll only put groceries and gas on this card.  I'll average $600/mo on these catagories which equals out to 14,400 MR points.  It will be less since I'll start putting gas on my Discover next quarter.  With this, I'll net ~50 with the airline fee credit.  This one is up for debate.  Candidate for closure.

What are your thoughts people?

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.