Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-instating CC's after fraud, inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-instating CC's after fraud, inquiries

I had fraud done to all my credit cards,  AE, BA,Barclays,Cap1,Chase,Citi,Discover, GEMB,HSBC,Target,WF,USAA,USB  most of these accounts had 2 or 3 different account #'s, due to mergers. I've cleaned up EQ,EX,TU. My credit was excellent before, dating back to 1990. Now I have to re-instate with each, involving a hard inquiry. In the past you were only allowed 3 inquiries every 6 months.

But I was told by CITI because of an act passed in 2009, If I attempt to re-instate all my cards in a 30 day period, I wont get the too many card inquiries problem.

All my credit limits where 10000 to 20000. I've had my own business for 30 years making 72000. Will I get the same credit limits, and have card saying I'm a card member since original date and what is the best way to go about having the inquiry problem.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: Re-instating CC's after fraud, inquiries

Are you saying that someone got a hold of ALL your cards and racked up bills on them?

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, a group got arrested, idenity fraud too all cards. Cleaned up with police report. Now I have to reapply for each card, which will cause inquiries.

Message 3 of 4
vish1
Valued Contributor

Fraud on all cards, holy christ, this must be really painful for you.

I am not trying to be picky, just trying to understand what will you explain to the underwriters if you had to go through a recon on some of your cards. Did cops/you figure out how your identity was stolen? Were their any subtle hints that you ignored before the fraudulent charges popped on your cards?

This may be great info for many people (including me) to help keep our identity safe.

Please don't take me harsh, I understand that you are going through great pain for no bad deeds of yours.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.