cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re open Macys - Ugh

tag
VivaLaEvie

Re open Macys - Ugh

So I had a Macy's card opened in 2003 that expired due to lack of use.  It isn't showing in their system, even though it is on my credit report and on the Macy's webiste under my account.  I applied for a new card and have been calling and calling to try and get it linked to the 2003 for AAOA -- no  luck!  The agents just tell me I'm not in their system.

It is really frustrating because it seems as though if I would have defaulted I would still be in the system, but because my account was PIF they have just purged. 

Anybody have additional suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: Re open Macys - Ugh

@VivaLaEvie wrote:

So I had a Macy's card opened in 2003 that expired due to lack of use.  It isn't showing in their system, even though it is on my credit report and on the Macy's webiste under my account.  I applied for a new card and have been calling and calling to try and get it linked to the 2003 for AAOA -- no  luck!  The agents just tell me I'm not in their system.

It is really frustrating because it seems as though if I would have defaulted I would still be in the system, but because my account was PIF they have just purged. 

Anybody have additional suggestions?

I don't mean to single you out or anything but there seems to be more confusion that normal on the boards right now when it concerns backdating.

Only American express issued cards give you the perks of back dating on a regular basis. 

What you are trying to do with your Macy's card isn't only tough to get, it probily equates to seeing a real live breathing unicorn. 

Again please don't take this as picking on you don't get frustrated, you're asking them to do something that I dont think is possible for most CC issuers. 

Message 2 of 5
sr383
Regular Contributor

What you are trying to do with your Macy's card isn't only tough to get, it probily equates to seeing a real live breathing unicorn. 

I heard the Zync is coming back. Smiley Tongue

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As already stated it isn't going to happen, the only company to consider this is AMEX.

Message 4 of 5
VivaLaEvie

Well I appreicate the information.  There is a lot of bad advice floating around about these things.  I have called like 10 agents at Macy's credit and they all say the same thing.  Let's save others the hearache and PITA of mulitiple calls only to find out there are, indeed, no unicorns.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.