cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reached my credit goals, what's next!?

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Reached my credit goals, what's next!?

@Creditaddict wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Congratulations on your progress!

I would suggest looking at something from BofA.

How are your interest rates? Rewards cards are nice, if you are spending a ton of money each month, (just calculate out how much 2% is per year on $3k of spend... wow, that's not much is it?) but for long term card holdings, nothing beats an APR of 10% or better, and those cards are difficult to get. Your local Credit Union may not be advertising on the web, but they often have very good APR credit card products.

OP is currently using a PIF amex plat and wants to replace that so I would be assuming rewards and who cares about interest rate when you are not carrying a balance but since you suggest BofA my Fidelity Amex suggestion just happens to be underwritten by BofA and has a 13.9% rate I believe and they actually lowered ours to 10.24%!

And we're back to suggesting AMEX Smiley Happy The original request was "anything but AMEX" Smiley Tongue

your right... Citi Double Cash because you can recon initial CL and good chance of future sp CLI's

AMEX has SP CLI doesn't it?

D'oh!

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Reached my credit goals, what's next!?

@NRB525 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Congratulations on your progress!

I would suggest looking at something from BofA.

How are your interest rates? Rewards cards are nice, if you are spending a ton of money each month, (just calculate out how much 2% is per year on $3k of spend... wow, that's not much is it?) but for long term card holdings, nothing beats an APR of 10% or better, and those cards are difficult to get. Your local Credit Union may not be advertising on the web, but they often have very good APR credit card products.

OP is currently using a PIF amex plat and wants to replace that so I would be assuming rewards and who cares about interest rate when you are not carrying a balance but since you suggest BofA my Fidelity Amex suggestion just happens to be underwritten by BofA and has a 13.9% rate I believe and they actually lowered ours to 10.24%!

And we're back to suggesting AMEX Smiley Happy The original request was "anything but AMEX" Smiley Tongue

your right... Citi Double Cash because you can recon initial CL and good chance of future sp CLI's

AMEX has SP CLI doesn't it?

D'oh!

Yes American Express, the Fidelity Amex is BofA and it's a TU HP for CLI

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.