Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reaching minimum spend on Citi Ty Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reaching minimum spend on Citi Ty Preferred

that nov 28th apple thing, is it for csp only? and does it apply to the new ipad/ipad minis?

Message 11 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

is it 20k total points for the $4000 spent? or 20k per $2000 spent in a half year?

20k total points...not that great, I know

that is a pretty sad bonus, but i think you misread what I posted earlier. If I have to meet a quota I rather fill it early than later, for my Sapphire my friends were in the market for a Macbook, so I put it on my card they handed me the cash, so it's nothing out of my pocket really. I convert my discount on products for friends Cash.  Chase has 10% cash back at Apple on Nov 28th. Just gotta help a poor friend who's been saving up for a macbook pro some help and it's fine. No having to worry about if I hit my figures or not for bonuses.

If I wanted to I could get her to give me the cash at the apple store just for the free 1year extended warrenty protection alone. But I don't mind paying out of pocket and reimbursing her for 10% cause she's a good friend strapped for cash, since I'm getting the same value added to my travel piggy bank Smiley Happy    also don't forget the 7% annual bonus Smiley Wink

I understood your post, I just couldn't bring myself to using the TY card for that even. I mean, I would still want to use my Freedom card or another card that offers a best buy bonus.

What I am looking for is info on the TY card particularity. Is there any spending that will net me over the less than 1% this card generally offers. I just got this card to get my foot in the door with citi.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

is it 20k total points for the $4000 spent? or 20k per $2000 spent in a half year?

20k total points...not that great, I know

that is a pretty sad bonus, but i think you misread what I posted earlier. If I have to meet a quota I rather fill it early than later, for my Sapphire my friends were in the market for a Macbook, so I put it on my card they handed me the cash, so it's nothing out of my pocket really. I convert my discount on products for friends Cash.  Chase has 10% cash back at Apple on Nov 28th. Just gotta help a poor friend who's been saving up for a macbook pro some help and it's fine. No having to worry about if I hit my figures or not for bonuses.

If I wanted to I could get her to give me the cash at the apple store just for the free 1year extended warrenty protection alone. But I don't mind paying out of pocket and reimbursing her for 10% cause she's a good friend strapped for cash, since I'm getting the same value added to my travel piggy bank Smiley Happy    also don't forget the 7% annual bonus Smiley Wink

By the way, much of my spending is already reimbursed.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.