Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate a restricted card?

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reactivate a restricted card?

Actually an inactive card can drop from your reports 10 years from the last reported date of activity. An old Macys account did that to me that was opened in 1995 and went inactive in 2004, it was removed from my CR last year. It was never closed by me or them.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly why I want it reactivated. A 1991 open date on an open card is too juicy not to agitate for.
Message 12 of 18
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

I had a restricted Cap 1 card years ago due to inactivity. When I contacted them to reactive the card, they informed me that it was not an option. I'm interested in your outcome. Good luck!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 13 of 18
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Bump for an update.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No update yet. I was supposed to have heard from them today, but I was too busy to call them back. 

I'll try tomorrow. 

Message 15 of 18
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Good luck.
FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keeping fingers crossed for you!  Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

With all the back and forth with these people on this one card, I'd probably have a better chance getting a credit card from a bank in Greece at this point.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.