cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate the Inactive Store Toy Cards...

tag
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

Reactivate the Inactive Store Toy Cards...

Quick & Easy Question, trying to get an optimal score.

Got two store toy cards, they both have a credit limit of about $500.00

Being, absent minded, I got them attempting to build positive trade lines and using that ‘shopping cart trick’ back in 2012.

Never used either cards, one is from Buckle, states Open yet stopped reporting/updating in 2014.

The other is from Romana, and stopped reporting in 2012 and states ‘Inactive.’
(Not sure if ‘inactive’ is synonymous is ‘closed.’ Oh well, none of this stuff will fit my wife)

If I bought a $5.00 item, would they retroactively report the non-missing months? Or would it matter?
Would the increase in score be miniscule?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reactivate the Inactive Store Toy Cards...

Try it.

Tradelines that have been inactive that long are likely not counted for much in the FICO algorithm in terms of being an active tradeline, but if they aren't reporting I'd want to get it reporting... most likely the months will show ND (no data) but that's pretty irrelevant all things considered, date open, last updated, no deliquency is the trifecta for tradeline goodness.

        
Message 2 of 4
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

Using search...I learned something...

If I try to pay on these store cards, like $1.00, when it is a $0.00 balance..

This will also update these tradelines, correct?

Message 3 of 4
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

Well, I wasn't able to push a $1.00 to the account.

Yet, I did just purchase something that was like $5.00 and it was accepted and shipped.

Wondering how much this positively affect my score...since the card's status on my credit report was

Inactive/This will remain on your report until 2022.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.