Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to app for the BCE?!

tag
gngo2007
Established Member

Ready to app for the BCE?!

I recently pulled my experian report from experian.com and it was a 747.  My oldest account is 2.7 years, and my AAOA is 1.8 years. I have a discover card and a citiforward. My utilization has been pretty low. But i DID carry a balance on my citiforward not too long ago, and that's one reason im not sure whether or not i should app for the BCE yet. When i pulled the report it did show i have 0 balances on the two cards, but I had a high balance on the Forward for 1,188/5200. 

Thanks guys!

Update: OH and 1 inquiry from Citi last september. and a loan currently in repayment.

no lates, no baddies. 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
omskillet
Regular Contributor

Re: Ready to app for the BCE?!

@gngo2007 wrote:

I recently pulled my experian report from experian.com and it was a 747.  My oldest account is 2.7 years, and my AAOA is 1.8 years. I have a discover card and a citiforward. My utilization has been pretty low. But i DID carry a balance on my citiforward not too long ago, and that's one reason im not sure whether or not i should app for the BCE yet. When i pulled the report it did show i have 0 balances on the two cards, but I had a high balance on the Forward for 1,188/5200. 

Thanks guys!

Update: OH and 1 inquiry from Citi last september. and a loan currently in repayment.

no lates, no baddies. 

Sounds like a no brainer to me.  AAoA might be the only thing could hold you back but I don't think it will in this case.

Message 2 of 29
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Since he/she pulled a FAKO and not a FICO, I wouldn't say it is a no brainer.  FICO could easily be 100 points lower.  Credit history looks a little light.  Personally, I would get a charge card first and app for BC in 6 months.  But up to OP.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 29
gngo2007
Established Member

Is it fako if I pull it directly from experian ?..I even paid for it?!!
Message 4 of 29
Crashem
Valued Contributor

No place to pay for a Experian FICO score.  So Yes, even if you paid for it.  Better to get EQ FICO score from here.  Assuming your credit reports are the same, an EQ FICO score will give you better idea what your EX FICO might look like.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 5 of 29
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Since he/she pulled a FAKO and not a FICO, I wouldn't say it is a no brainer.  FICO could easily be 100 points lower.  Credit history looks a little light.  Personally, I would get a charge card first and app for BC in 6 months.  But up to OP.

I agree. i would def go for charge card first then app for the bce in about 6 months

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 6 of 29
gngo2007
Established Member

Oh that's so weird. It was that credit monitorig thing. But I'll try to pull one from here then. Thanks for the info!!!

i just read that someone got the zync and bce right after the same day?...something i should or shouldnt do? o.0

also, does it mean anything if it says i was pre-approved for the "amex green, gold, blue sky, gold delta, and blue"?

Message 7 of 29
gngo2007
Established Member

ive changed my mind..i don't have a good personal income since ill be going to school in the fall and i'll be leaving my temp job soon. =(

Message 8 of 29
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

@gngo2007 wrote:

ive changed my mind..i don't have a good personal income since ill be going to school in the fall and i'll be leaving my temp job soon. =(

@I'll have to share my story/situation with you. I was approved last November. 25k income. Two credit cards discover 1 yr @$750 wells fargo 2.5yrs @2200. Only other thing I had was an auto loan. Balance of 15k at application. At the time according to freecreditrepot my fako was 730. My approval letter for bcp said my ex fico was 761. I am confident you will be approved. Edit: Amex can't see that you carried a balance my cr has high balances reporting and I never carried a balance. I also indicated student working on my application. It was an instant approval.
Message 9 of 29
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

I'd go ahead and apply. I got approved today and my score is lower than yours.

Current Cards:
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.