Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to get a 2nd Amex card

tag
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Ready to get a 2nd Amex card

I have had an Amex Zync card for about 6 months now, and I wanted to apply for a Delta Skymiles in a few months, should i call and speak with a CSR when I get ready to app or just go the online route?

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ready to get a 2nd Amex card

Whatever floats your boat. I personally don't do apps with CSRs. Thats just me tho.

Message 2 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

In my experience, it seems that every time I app'd over the phone with a CSR I was declined.  LOL.  So, I app online now.  Haven't had any denials in quite some time.  Check the preapproval app.  If all is good, app online and report back the good results.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally for my two AMEX (Zync & SPG) cards, I called. I am 2/2 going that way. Also it makes you appreciate the AMEX service. Have you received any of the preapprovals yet since joining them?
Message 4 of 9
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I haven't received any preapprovals yet, maybe I'll get lucky before I get ready to app. my util is alittle high on my other cards so I'm working on getting that before I do anything. I'm in no rush to app, but since I do travel quite a bit and Delta is the airline that I used mostly if not all the time, I figured why not get the skymiles card. When I do app, I'll update the results, hopefully they'll be positive Smiley Happy

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
Message 5 of 9
ferrari
Regular Contributor

Well make sure you apply to the 20000 miles bonus offer on delta's website. Because if I recall correctly the offer on AMEX website is for 10000 miles only.

Also make sure you have your Delta Skymiles account number ready so that you can include that when you apply so that the miles can be transferred over to Delta.

Message 6 of 9
virtuoso1980
Established Member

Hi Gibran! You got your Zync earlier than me, I believe. Anyway, just apply for it online. I think if you have good history it would be ok... coz I just got approved for the Delta Skymiles gold card myself! Lol.

Btw, I have about 30% utilization (moved to a new place and had to buy lots of stuff). I have perfect payment history though. I hope this helps. Good luck!!!

Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think it's easier to apply online... it asks if you already have an amex account and you click yes and sign into your online account and then it only asks you a couple more questions, everything else is pre-filled in for you from your past card.

Message 8 of 9
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the responses gang, I'll update with the results

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.