cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realistic cli request at 61 days for amex delta?????

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Realistic cli request at 61 days for amex delta?????

I was just wondering how much cash i would have to put thru my card to get an increase at the 61 day mark? Should i request 3x's the limit?

my utility will be at 10%.....scores might be in the 680 range.......salary unchanged 42000......

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Realistic cli request at 61 days for amex delta?????

Given your income and total AMEX credit is $7,000, I'd say play conservative and ask for $2,000 CLI.

Message 2 of 18
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Given your income and total AMEX credit is $7,000, I'd say play conservative and ask for $2,000 CLI.

Is that with regular charges and paying in full?

also how much $$ should i put thru card....i really dont have a lot of bills hat i pay for directly...wife handles them...i pay her a sum total for all...

Message 3 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I'd say just keep your spending habit. You don't need to intentionally pushing money thorugh a card to ensure CLI.

You are PIF right? Asking for a $2,000 CLI shouldn't be a problem. AMEX loves to see PIF.

Message 4 of 18
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

yep......should i try the increase ,then in a year try and transfer cl from delta to BCP....thats the card i really wanted...just never thought i would be approved for all three at the same time...

Message 5 of 18
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

yep......should i try the increase ,then in a year try and transfer cl from delta to BCP....thats the card i really wanted...just never thought i would be approved for all three at the same time...

Any thoughts on this

Message 6 of 18
gettnthere
Established Contributor

If that's the card you really want, id say go for it! AMex shouldn't have a problem transferring the CL for ya. Plus BCP is one of the absolute best cards in the market right now Imo and you wouldn't have to worry about starting with a lower CL.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 18
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Just ask for 3x cli. They counter if not approved for amount asked. I didnt get a cli at 61 days
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 8 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I was just wondering how much cash i would have to put thru my card to get an increase at the 61 day mark? Should i request 3x's the limit?

my utility will be at 10%.....scores might be in the 680 range.......salary unchanged 42000......

Hey americanchopz34!

I recommend asking the full 3X.  Amex will counter offer if you do not qualify for the full 3X.  The truth is, you will be awarded the CLI based on a SP that will take place within the first 60 days.  (usually right after your first 30).  They don't SP again for the CLI at 61 days.  You will be approved/unapproved for a CLI IF you qualify and it won't be based on what you ask for as an increase.  The amount approved for is what is in question.  With regards to the BCP... you will have to ask the CSR if a PC is available for the Delta card and if so, what cards are available to PC to.  It will be painless if/when the Delta is eligible to PC.  

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 9 of 18
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
If that's the card you really want, id say go for it! AMex shouldn't have a problem transferring the CL for ya. Plus BCP is one of the absolute best cards in the market right now Imo and you wouldn't have to worry about starting with a lower CL.

Just read another thread of yours and didn't realize that you were just approved for the Delta.  I don't believe the Delta is PC-able yet and the underwriting standards are a little more stringent for the BCP from the information i've gathered on this forum.  I would wait the full year with the Delta then call up Amex to see what cards the Delta is eligible to PC to. Being it's co-branded, I 'm not sure of the list of cards you can PC.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.