cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realistically, how much can my QS grow without combining?

tag
delaney1
Established Contributor

Realistically, how much can my QS grow without combining?

Received QS in June with a 5k limit, now my limit is 10k and scores in the 690s and  one score barely cracking 700.  I've learned so much since applying for that card, especially SOL for collections. Now that I know I'm still within the SOL for my one and only collection, I will not do any more apping until SOL expires in 2017. Let's just say household income can support a limit of 25k, which is really all I would want. Is it possible with the QS?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Realistically, how much can my QS grow without combining?

I dont see many QS above 10-15k without combining. That seems to be basically the ceiling for that card outside of people with mega incomes etc
Message 2 of 10
delaney1
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
I dont see many QS above 10-15k without combining. That seems to be basically the ceiling for that card outside of people with mega incomes etc

Thanks for your response. We have a nice income, so maybe there's a chance. In any case, $15k, which I think is attainable, would be nice.

Message 3 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

I have seen few with 50K in this forum!

Message 4 of 10
Drew
Frequent Contributor

It is possible.

Message 5 of 10
delaney1
Established Contributor

Thanks Cybersamp and Drew. Good to know!

Message 6 of 10
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

I have seen few with 50K in this forum!

Exactly. I think it was FinStar who got a $50k QS and $50k Venture earlier this month 

Message 7 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes, we've seen a few approvals for 50k but generally capital one is not nearly that generous with the QS. Most people get 10 to 15k and then kind of plateau unless they combine limits.

So yes, its possible. But I wouldnt egg on OP to act as if its a likely scenario. Finstar has a large income, large spend and probably assets. Hes not really representative of a more average consumer.
Message 8 of 10
kdong1996
Regular Contributor

My DF has a 18k QS that started at 10k. He does use it quite a lot though, around 5k each month and always PIF.

Message 9 of 10
delaney1
Established Contributor

@kdong1996 wrote:

My DF has a 18k QS that started at 10k. He does use it quite a lot though, around 5k each month and always PIF.

Great info, we spend about 4k per month and PIF. Thanks for your reply!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.