Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reallocate limit on one barclaycard to another

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Reallocate limit on one barclaycard to another

Hi all  so I have an iTunes reward visa with a limit of $250.00 opened with them in 2008, and I have a barclaycard rewards card opened in 11/2013 that had a $500 limit and was auto increased to $1500 this month.  I've never gotten an increase on the itunes card, and don't want a hp for one either, should I transfer the limit from this card and put it on my rewards card and close the itunes one?  It's an old account since my bk was in 2006, so little hesitant on closing an old card.  Will this count as an cli on my rewards card if I do this?

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Reallocate limit on one barclaycard to another

@waynes1982 wrote:

Hi all  so I have an iTunes reward visa with a limit of $250.00 opened with them in 2008, and I have a barclaycard rewards card opened in 11/2013 that had a $500 limit and was auto increased to $1500 this month.  I've never gotten an increase on the itunes card, and don't want a hp for one either, should I transfer the limit from this card and put it on my rewards card and close the itunes one?  It's an old account since my bk was in 2006, so little hesitant on closing an old card.  Will this count as an cli on my rewards card if I do this?

I don't think that Barclay allows you to transfer credit limits between different cards.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

I called and they said that they could do that.

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 3 of 6
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

I don't think that Barclay allows you to transfer credit limits between different cards.

Yes they do. It won't count as a CLI either.

760 (TU) 755 (EX) 740 (EQ)

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 4 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@MrCollector wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Yes they do. It won't count as a CLI either.

I stand corrected.   Thanks everyone! Cat Wink

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 6
compassion101
Established Contributor

It shouldn't affect your AAoA until it falls off your report, likely in 10 years

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.