Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reallocating AMEX and Visa

tag
Adrenolin
Established Member

Reallocating AMEX and Visa

Hey guys new to the forums, another credit nerd... I enjoy trying to increase my limits, nulify annual fees, and just shooting for the highest score possible - like it's a game. haha But like as I asked in the thread title, can a Visa and Amex be reallocated together? Say with my Wells Fargo Platinum and Wells Fargo Propel Amex? If this is possible, could I first Reallocate EveryDay Amex to the Propel, and then again thirty days later to the WF Platinum? Any input is much appreciated

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reallocating AMEX and Visa

@Adrenolin wrote:

Hey guys new to the forums, another credit nerd... I enjoy trying to increase my limits, nulify annual fees, and just shooting for the highest score possible - like it's a game. haha But like as I asked in the thread title, can a Visa and Amex be reallocated together? Say with my Wells Fargo Platinum and Wells Fargo Propel Amex? If this is possible, could I first Reallocate EveryDay Amex to the Propel, and then again thirty days later to the WF Platinum? Any input is much appreciated

Visa and Amex are separate companies and I really doubt if their contracts with Wells Fargo would allow it.

Message 2 of 5
yfan
Valued Contributor

You may be able to transfer limits between cards that Wells Fargo issued, although doubtful. But you will absolutely not be able to transfer a limit from another issuer (like American Express) into Wells Fargo.

Message 3 of 5
Adrenolin
Established Member

I just found this, posted Dec 28 '14 in the comments of an article on DOC. There may be some promise to this yet.

@O wrote:

I dealt with a Wells Fargo limit reallocation (moved from Wells Fargo Visa Rewards card to the Wells Fargo Propel World Amex). They allow it but they said that they do another hard inquiry for that. I decided to get that hit since it was after an AppoRama and used that hard inquiry for a credit line increase as well. I asked for $1000 to be left on the visa card and moved the remaining amount to the Propel World Amex (I am not sure about the lowest they would require to be left on the card).

I spoke with Discover about how many card they allow per person back in Feb 2014 and they said that you can have up to 3 Disc cards at one time.

Phone number to reach the Wells Fargo department that handles credit reallocation: 1-866-412-5997

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adrenolin wrote:

I just found this, posted Dec 28 '14 in the comments of an article on DOC. There may be some promise to this yet.

@O wrote:

I dealt with a Wells Fargo limit reallocation (moved from Wells Fargo Visa Rewards card to the Wells Fargo Propel World Amex). They allow it but they said that they do another hard inquiry for that. I decided to get that hit since it was after an AppoRama and used that hard inquiry for a credit line increase as well. I asked for $1000 to be left on the visa card and moved the remaining amount to the Propel World Amex (I am not sure about the lowest they would require to be left on the card).

I spoke with Discover about how many card they allow per person back in Feb 2014 and they said that you can have up to 3 Disc cards at one time.

Phone number to reach the Wells Fargo department that handles credit reallocation: 1-866-412-5997

I stand possibly corrected. Interesting. I'll be interested in whether it works.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.