Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reallocating limits - Wells Fargo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reallocating limits - Wells Fargo

I know this comes up from time to time with folks here with all the CC issuers so I wanted to share my experience today.

I got the WF World Propel 6 months ago, and thankfully I have since been able to obtain CC's with much better rewards and such.  So I called and requested to close the Propel card and transfer that limit to my newest Visa Siggy with them, she put me on hold and several minutes later was all done and the limit was transferred with no issues or questions.

I am sharing this because I think I recall someone wanting to do this with Amex and a poster said you had to have the account open for 13 months or such before that option was available.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reallocating limits - Wells Fargo

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this comes up from time to time with folks here with all the CC issuers so I wanted to share my experience today.

I got the WF World Propel 6 months ago, and thankfully I have since been able to obtain CC's with much better rewards and such.  So I called and requested to close the Propel card and transfer that limit to my newest Visa Siggy with them, she put me on hold and several minutes later was all done and the limit was transferred with no issues or questions.

I am sharing this because I think I recall someone wanting to do this with Amex and a poster said you had to have the account open for 13 months or such before that option was available.

Congrats with getting the limit transfered.

It's different for each bank.  For example, U.S. Bank wants to do a HP in order to transfer limits.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reallocating limits - Wells Fargo

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats with getting the limit transfered.

It's different for each bank.  For example, U.S. Bank wants to do a HP in order to transfer limits.

Interesting point and gives me pause.  The lady on the phone made no mention of pulling a report (SP or HP). 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.