Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Amex!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really Amex!!!

Maybe Amex has always been like that, but another possibility is they're increasingly going after down-market customers, and hence the tighter fraud controls. Also, maybe Amex customer support staffing has been reduced / more offshored / has less discretion than in the past.

Regardless, reading multiple stories of such issues should give one pause before getting / relying on Amex. Many cards, such as some of Chase's offerings, have upped their game with rewards and service giving Amex a run for their money. Amex doesn't have the cachet it once did - seen posts regarding people with scores in the lower 600s with baddies getting approved.

Message 11 of 23
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

I just gave you all of my life details, all transactions made, time & price and you don't believe it's me and I'm calling you from a loaner phone, with the same number that's listed on my account. I don't have another phone!!!!!! 

I'm confused. What other phone did they want you to call from? This CSR sounds like an imbecile.

Exactly! 

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 12 of 23
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thebeckerman wrote:

I was sitting in an oral surgeon's chair with my mouth open when the secretary came in and said my Amex credit card had been declined.

Since I had much more available credit than was needed on the card, I was perplexed, but couldn't get involved talking to Amex at the time; had to put it on another card.

When I eventually spoke to Amex later on they said it was because their antifraud department had put a hold on it due to the fact that I'd changed my billing address from home to office a couple of days earlier.

Ridiculous.

Lol that's not awkward at all Smiley Happy

I'm still laughing about the iPhone falling into the pedicure tub...

I wish I could laugh at it but paying $175 for a new phone, plus already paying on another iPhone at the same time isn't quite funny to me. Now if you want to laugh you should see the loaner I paid $50 for. It has to be one of the first andriods ever sold!

Message 13 of 23
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thebeckerman wrote:

I was sitting in an oral surgeon's chair with my mouth open when the secretary came in and said my Amex credit card had been declined.

Since I had much more available credit than was needed on the card, I was perplexed, but couldn't get involved talking to Amex at the time; had to put it on another card.

When I eventually spoke to Amex later on they said it was because their antifraud department had put a hold on it due to the fact that I'd changed my billing address from home to office a couple of days earlier.

Ridiculous.

I wish I could laugh at it but paying $175 for a new phone, plus already paying on another iPhone at the same time isn't quite funny to me. Now if you want to laugh you should see the loaner I paid $50 for. It has to be one of the first andriods ever sold!

Which card did you use to purchase that iphone, you may be eligible for ins cover? 

Message 14 of 23
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thebeckerman wrote:

Ridiculous.

Which card did you use to purchase that iphone, you may be eligible for ins cover? 

It's being financed through T-mobile

Message 15 of 23
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thebeckerman wrote:

Ridiculous.

Chase will reimbursed you up to 500 per claim, even if you only charge portion of the device on the card

Message 16 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Some years ago it was common for credit card companies (and others) to require a landline phone number, partly at least because they could verify these against a physical address. But since (2014 figure) 40% of households are now cellphone only you would hope this requirement has been dropped everywhere. Maybe it was just a clueless CSR
Message 17 of 23
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@bigbang91 wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thebeckerman wrote:

Ridiculous.

Chase will reimbursed you up to 500 per claim, even if you only charge portion of the device on the card

No Chase cards they hate me...but like me enough to finace my auto loan, but their days are numbered got my refi with DCU.

Message 18 of 23
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:
Some years ago it was common for credit card companies (and others) to require a landline phone number, partly at least because they could verify these against a physical address. But since (2014 figure) 40% of households are now cellphone only you would hope this requirement has been dropped everywhere. Maybe it was just a clueless CSR

I was hoping this but I was told by a supervisor, because you know I asked for one, that this is an AMEX security procedure. Funny thing is if you going to email it to me, btw I was asked to verify the email address, and I do all these steps what makes that more secure than all of the information I provided to you via the telephone. But apparently when they can't call you at another number, which they ask you to provide them, that's the way it has to be done. SMH.

Message 19 of 23
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@PrettyGyrl wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@thebeckerman wrote:

Ridiculous.

No Chase cards they hate me...but like me enough to finace my auto loan, but their days are numbered got my refi with DCU.

LOL after I typed this I went to check to see if Chase had recieved my buy out from DCU...they haven't but I decieded that I would check the pre-qualifier...It must be freezing in hell! I got a pre approval!!! Freedoom Card...I said what the heck apped and got 3k and 0% APR for 15 months....Funniest thing all day!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.