Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really CapOne??!?

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Really CapOne??!?

I not sure how other folks on this forum was able to get CLI's from CapOne on the Best Buy MC but I was specifically told it would not be a hp and of course, I received a credit alert this morning that they pulled EQ! This is why I hate them! If this was not one of my oldest accounts, I would give them the boot ASAP!!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Really CapOne??!?

@WhiteCollar wrote:
I not sure how other folks on this forum was able to get CLI's from CapOne on the Best Buy MC but I was specifically told it would not be a hp and of course, I received a credit alert this morning that they pulled EQ! This is why I hate them! If this was not one of my oldest accounts, I would give them the boot ASAP!!!!

If you call the EO on BBRZMC, it will be a HP. If you call number on the back of your card, it will be SP, unless you don't accept it and it will be HP for higher CLI.

I did this twice on my BBRZMC GOLD version with 59AF. The AF has been removed via EO long ago, and I got CLI twice. 6 months apart.

400 to 900 to 1.6k.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 7
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I called the number on the back of my card. And before my request was processed, I confirmed that it was not be a hp! I'm angry because I've been inquiry free on my report the entire year! Now I have to call back and rip them a new one.....sigh.
Message 3 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

@WhiteCollar wrote:

How did you request a CLI? EO, CSR or online? I would ask them to remove it on the basis that you specifically did not authorize a HP. Of course, in order to do so you may have to return any CLI you got. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 7
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I requested the CLI when I spoke to a CSR using the number on the back of my card.

Message 5 of 7
sdotlow
Established Member

Good old Cap One. Smiley Frustrated

Amex CS scores - EX-745 / EQ-745 / TU-767 (6/28/13)
BankAmericard Cash Rewards - 10k, MAFCU Visa Rewards - 10k, Chase Freedom - 2500, Discover IT - 2000, Barclay Apple - 2000, AMEX BCE - 2000
Gardening as of 6/28/13
Message 6 of 7
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

That's why I cancel them, good old cap1, old dog does not learn new tricks, if you are not an agresive consumer capable of suing them they just will run you over. It happened to me several times with them, and on the last one I just canceled. That and the fact that in 4 years they never incresed my CL, even though I always paid them on time and most of the time in Full, they wouldn't even give me a rewards program, I got a toy cc with no rewards, and on top of that some crappy actions on thier part, that was enough for me.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.