Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really Discover...C'mon Already!

Pita..but true....thank you both
Message 61 of 76
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

At least you had better CL when you first got the card than most people, me included. I had an 1k CL sadly with that card when i first got it. Just have to be patient and the CLI will come in due time. Right now my CL with that card is an respectable 15.5k , just have to be patient your CLI will come and when they do they will come in big bunches lol

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 62 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be happy with 10K. Geez
Message 63 of 76
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

My starting limit was 3k when I app'd in September 2014. I typically charge a few hundred a month. Discover has been great to me, I just received a 3k increase today after hitting the luv button less than 30 days ago. I was surprised, because I received the your request is pending message. I thought the new wait time was 90 days. Anyway, my credit limit went from 3k to 22.3k in 1 year.
Message 64 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the insight...really Smiley Happy
Message 65 of 76
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

it took over an year for me to get an cli from discover but once i got first one the cli just kept on coming.

This. It took me about 2 years to get my first CLI from 1k to 2K. This year I went from 2K to 4.5K (which is still more than 10 less my highest credit limit). I think eventually they will start giving you a cli, just very, very slowly. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 66 of 76
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@akula wrote:
My starting limit was 3k when I app'd in September 2014. I typically charge a few hundred a month. Discover has been great to me, I just received a 3k increase today after hitting the luv button less than 30 days ago. I was surprised, because I received the your request is pending message. I thought the new wait time was 90 days. Anyway, my credit limit went from 3k to 22.3k in 1 year.

That's amazing. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 67 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's insane...geez my life sucks Smiley Sad
Message 68 of 76
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That's insane...geez my life sucks Smiley Sad

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, it's just a credit card.

You got approved and you can use it just fine. No, it's not exactly the limit you want, but these things take time. It can't always be achieved with a snap of the fingers or an EO phone call. Plain old patience and building account history goes a long way. You'll get there. Discover is generally generous with those who use the cards regularly over time.

Message 69 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I have been doing is bringing over my cap one spending to disco via the 0% transfer they keep renewing and paying it off before the statement cuts.  This month I transferred 4600. What I will start to do is next month...cease with the bt's and just use it as my daily as best I can.  We will see what happens. Maybe a little pavlov testing will bring change.

And to be candid...I guess my other creditors spoiled me....cap one...commenity...barclays...just threw nice cli's at me in such a short period of time. Seems disco has its own agenda..Got to respect that.

Gregg

Message 70 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.