Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Discover?

tag
One7
Valued Contributor

Re: Really Discover?

Not sure, I sent them a secure message telling them how unhappy I was with them and what I thought about the way they do their business, but that was all. I didn't want to put anymore unnecessary effort into dealing with them. All they did was send a message back saying sorry.  Definitely not cool

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 31 of 85
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I had a problem with Discover for a transaction I disputed last year. I bought tickets from Ticketmaster and never received them. I even called ticketmaster to get a refund or get new tickets sent out. They did neither. So of course I would dispute the transaction with Discover. They deleted the transaction. Two months later, the transaction REAPPEARS and Discover says Ticketmaster proved they "sent" tickets to me. I had to DISPUTE the transaction I disputed two months prior to prove I never received the tickets. I had to jump through several hoops to get the charge reversed and removed. Discover has a terrible dispute department. Thats their pitfall unfortunately. I would call them back and dispute the charge if it isnt you.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 32 of 85
One7
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

I had a problem with Discover for a transaction I disputed last year. I bought tickets from Ticketmaster and never received them. I even called ticketmaster to get a refund or get new tickets sent out. They did neither. So of course I would dispute the transaction with Discover. They deleted the transaction. Two months later, the transaction REAPPEARS and Discover says Ticketmaster proved they "sent" tickets to me. I had to DISPUTE the transaction I disputed two months prior to prove I never received the tickets. I had to jump through several hoops to get the charge reversed and removed. Discover has a terrible dispute department. Thats their pitfall unfortunately. I would call them back and dispute the charge if it isnt you.

Wow not cool! They really need to work on their dispute department because they really suck at investigating. Worst part is they take the business's word over their own customer when it comes to the dispute. Hate how they just take the money back out as if you are lying to them. Terrible 

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 33 of 85
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@One7 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Wow not cool! They really need to work on their dispute department because they really suck at investigating. Worst part is they take the business's word over their own customer when it comes to the dispute. Hate how they just take the money back out as if you are lying to them. Terrible 

Yea they don't really send out paperwork when they reserve a disputed charge. You have to REALLY pay attention to your statements when you are going through a dispute process with them. But yea, I don't like how they take the businesses word over the customers either. Capital One actually has a REALLY great dispute department. It's crazy. They get alot of flak about everything else "crappy CLs" which is true but they have a GREAT dispute department surprisingly.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 34 of 85
One7
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Yea they don't really send out paperwork when they reserve a disputed charge. You have to REALLY pay attention to your statements when you are going through a dispute process with them. But yea, I don't like how they take the businesses word over the customers either. Capital One actually has a REALLY great dispute department. It's crazy. They get alot of flak about everything else "crappy CLs" which is true but they have a GREAT dispute department surprisingly.

Exactly! If I didn't see it I would have never even known about it. They didn't even bother to send me an email or anything. Besides Discover I've only had to deal with Barclays and they were awesome! Resolved it with a couple of days. I'll probably post a thread about it next week I was very happy with how great they are with disputes. Glad to see Capital One does great as well

Message 35 of 85
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

@One7 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Exactly! If I didn't see it I would have never even known about it. They didn't even bother to send me an email or anything. Besides Discover I've only had to deal with Barclays and they were awesome! Resolved it with a couple of days. I'll probably post a thread about it next week I was very happy with how great they are with disputes. Glad to see Capital One does great as well

You might try skipping their front line reps and going directly to the EO to make sure they know how disappointed you are with this process.  I'd probably also mention that you posted your situation on a popular forum and thousands of people are waiting to see how they compensate you for your trouble.  There's no exscuse for their behaviour IMO and it makes me (and a lot of others I'm sure) think twice about using MY Discover card when I know Chase and Amex almost always side with the customer...

I contacted their EO before by Googling "Discover Card CEO Email" and got a fast response.  

Message 36 of 85
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

@ForMyBiz wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

You might try skipping their front line reps and going directly to the EO to make sure they know how disappointed you are with this process.  I'd probably also mention that you posted your situation on a popular forum and thousands of people are waiting to see how they compensate you for your trouble.  There's no exscuse for their behaviour IMO and it makes me (and a lot of others I'm sure) think twice about using MY Discover card when I know Chase and Amex almost always side with the customer...

I contacted their EO before by Googling "Discover Card CEO Email" and got a fast response.  

Please do this. 

Message 37 of 85
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Sounds to me like robo signing, except for credit card.

Message 38 of 85
peepers
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 39 of 85
One7
Valued Contributor

@ForMyBiz wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

I guess I could do that but I hate calling in and talking to CC companies unless I absolutely have to. With that said Ill probably make a special exception for this one because they really should know how rediculous my situation was. I'll call in on Monday and let everyone know how it all went, I'll be mentioning this forum to them as well. Im sure they wont do anything because whats done is done and there really isnt much they can do about it now.

Message 40 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.