cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Odd...Comenity (Victoria's Secret)

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Really Odd...Comenity (Victoria's Secret)

From my experience CLI requests pretty much always prompt you to disclose your income even if it's already on file. While I have a VS card myself I've never messed with the prompt for that. I just pay the bill and move on; all my CLIs with them are auto initiated since I can't be bothered to ever use that much credit.

Also, be careful with Comenity CLIs there have been some people experiencing HPs for their requests and considering how little you get for that I would err on the side of caution.
Message 11 of 17
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

I ask for and receive a CLI just about every time I log in and pay.  So every couple months.  And get $200 every time.  I've never charged more than $80 in a statement period and now have a CL of $1750.  Makes for nice utilization padding.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 12 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey Justagirl, what the SOL on having to buy something "nice" for "ones" SO? Smiley Wink

For future reference of courseSmiley Wink
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

SimplyNoir - Actually now they have 2 options for their CLI requests.

1) Possible HP asks you to check box saying you're okay with them pulling if they need it for the request.

2) No HP permissible just don't check the box and the request will still be processed.

Message 14 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I know about that I just don't trust Comenity and thankfully the VS card is the only I have with them.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just because Comenity backs it doesn't mean they have full control of it.

Example would be CapOne and the Kohl's Charge.

Normally CapOne does a Triple HP but Kohl's Charge, despite being backed by CapOne in the same way Comenity backs VS, doesn't. Among many other credit related decisions that are done differently depending on the store. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Applying for a card and requesting a CLI are two different things but I see what you're saying. Point still stands with me that I don't trust them.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.