Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Wellsfargo???

tag
darkman
Established Member

Really Wellsfargo???

I have been with Wellsfargo bank for over 17 years and have 4 different accounts with them so after being solicited for years by them to apply for their credit card I finally did and was declined for an inability to verify my ID? Really? 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Really Wellsfargo???

Probably an autogenerated denial.  Did you talk to someone live?  Maybe recon?  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 25
darkman
Established Member

The credit office is closedSmiley Sad

Ill try to talk with someone on Monday. Is there a good backdoor number to Wellsfargo? Maybe to the underwriter?

Message 3 of 25
PCMedic
New Contributor

This is the one listed in the 'backDoor Number thread .... Wells Fargo:  866 677 1128 (credit analyst)

Scores Credit Karma TU=697 Vantage 727 | WalMart TU=709 | CreditSesame Exp=739 | Exp. FICO = 739 Barclays TU=706 Discover IT = 702

Discover IT $14,900 | BJ's Perks MC $5500 | TD Bank Visa Signature $5000 | Capitol One QuickSilver One $1600 | Capitol One Platinum Prestige $3000 | Merrick $4000 | Walmart $50000 | PayPal CS $1400 | Fingerhut $1800 | OCCU Duck $5000 | SG Visa $2000
Message 4 of 25
djrez4
Established Contributor

There's an entire sticky full of back door numbers at the top of the forum.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Wells Fargo:  866 677 1128 (credit analyst)

Message 5 of 25
darkman
Established Member

Thanks I called and they're closed. I'm pretty confident thanks to you guys that I will probably be approved once we straighten out this whole identification problem. I will contact the credit department on Monday amd post the results. Kinda funny that the only reason for denial is a problem with ID verification.LMAOSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 25
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Here is a good number direct to the underwriter that I used and they are open on Saturdays. (800)967-9521. Good luck!!

Message 7 of 25
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Keep us posted, hopefully it will be a quick id verify and approval! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 25
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

They denied me for the dumbest reasons after having an account with them for years. I called and spoke with several extremely rude csr's with no luck. I cancelled and drained my checking and savings accounts the next day. I will never again give them a penny of my money.
Photobucket
Message 9 of 25
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I'm sorry to hear that, I have Wells Fargo and just got approved for their secured card. I would tryo to talk to a supervisor for a recon but you already closed out your account. I truely believe that every csr is different and they all give you different answers for the same questions. I've been reading alot of the stuff on here where people who shouldn't get approve gets approve and people who sgould gets approve don't. There's no consistancy when it comes to approval anymore.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.