Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Wellsfargo???

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: Really Wellsfargo???

Well this happened a while back, so it's too late for me. I applied for their student card and was denied. I called and asked why and the lady I spoke with was a complete idiot. She told me I had a charge off on my report and I said that's impossible, I have no negatives on my report. Then she started reading from her script and pimping their credit monitoring service and I told her I already had one and she said oh well you should dispute that charge off. I said I can't dispute what isn't there and she got all huffy and started talking to me like I was stupid; I asked for a supervisor and she claimed she was one... I said whatever and hung up.

I called again the next day and this lady claimed I was denied because my student loan balances were too high... uhhh are you kidding me? This is a student card no **** my kind balances are high, they're still in deferment. She said there's nothing I can do and I said that's the dumbest reason I've ever heard and she too got an attitude with me and started ranting about how it was important. I told her midway through that she was an idiot and I'm done with Wells Fargo and hung up. Went into my branch the next day and cancelled everything. Haven't looked back since.

I'm on my tablet so I apologize if there's a bunch of errors lol.
Photobucket
Message 11 of 25
bs6054
Valued Contributor

So where did you take your banking?    Wells Fargo seems to have one of the weakest collections of credit cards (from a rewards perspective) among the big banks, though I think someone from there said on this forum that they were looking to improve them.

Message 12 of 25
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I see where your coming from and I would be mad as well specially if there claiming something that is not true. Well there's nothing you can do about it now. I would try to get cc from the bank that you deal with now. Obviously their wrong because you have 2 different csr telling you 2 different thing.

Message 13 of 25
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I do most of my banking with Bank of America and a credit union. I've got a great collection of cards now, including two AMEX cards, 3 Citi cards, a BoA card, Chase, Discover and others. I'm not worried about them anymore lol.... this was a while back when I was just starting to get into credit.
Photobucket
Message 14 of 25
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Oh and just to avoid any confusion, I am not the person who started this thread... just sharing my experience with Wells Fargo. Lol
Photobucket
Message 15 of 25
darkman
Established Member

Re: Really Wellsfargo??? Update

Just wanted to update, I was approved $10000Smiley Very Happy

The reason for the decline was to verify my information. Thanks to everyone who assured me that this would probably happen.

Message 16 of 25
jake619
Frequent Contributor

SNAP!

Message 17 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 18 of 25
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

what card was it PLATINUM? CASH BACK? REWARDS? thats an awesome CL 17 years of loyalness has paid off Smiley Happy 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 19 of 25
darkman
Established Member

It's the cash back card.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.