Established Contributor
FloridaState12

Re: Really Wellsfargo???

Well this happened a while back, so it's too late for me. I applied for their student card and was denied. I called and asked why and the lady I spoke with was a complete idiot. She told me I had a charge off on my report and I said that's impossible, I have no negatives on my report. Then she started reading from her script and pimping their credit monitoring service and I told her I already had one and she said oh well you should dispute that charge off. I said I can't dispute what isn't there and she got all huffy and started talking to me like I was stupid; I asked for a supervisor and she claimed she was one... I said whatever and hung up.

I called again the next day and this lady claimed I was denied because my student loan balances were too high... uhhh are you kidding me? This is a student card no **** my kind balances are high, they're still in deferment. She said there's nothing I can do and I said that's the dumbest reason I've ever heard and she too got an attitude with me and started ranting about how it was important. I told her midway through that she was an idiot and I'm done with Wells Fargo and hung up. Went into my branch the next day and cancelled everything. Haven't looked back since.

I'm on my tablet so I apologize if there's a bunch of errors lol.
Photobucket
Valued Contributor
bs6054

So where did you take your banking?    Wells Fargo seems to have one of the weakest collections of credit cards (from a rewards perspective) among the big banks, though I think someone from there said on this forum that they were looking to improve them.

Regular Contributor
Give_Me_Credit_Please

I see where your coming from and I would be mad as well specially if there claiming something that is not true. Well there's nothing you can do about it now. I would try to get cc from the bank that you deal with now. Obviously their wrong because you have 2 different csr telling you 2 different thing.

Established Contributor
FloridaState12

I do most of my banking with Bank of America and a credit union. I've got a great collection of cards now, including two AMEX cards, 3 Citi cards, a BoA card, Chase, Discover and others. I'm not worried about them anymore lol.... this was a while back when I was just starting to get into credit.
Photobucket
Established Contributor
FloridaState12

Oh and just to avoid any confusion, I am not the person who started this thread... just sharing my experience with Wells Fargo. Lol
Photobucket
Established Member
darkman

Re: Really Wellsfargo??? Update

Just wanted to update, I was approved $10000:smileyvery-happy:

The reason for the decline was to verify my information. Thanks to everyone who assured me that this would probably happen.

Frequent Contributor
jake619

SNAP!

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

09Lexie

Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

what card was it PLATINUM? CASH BACK? REWARDS? thats an awesome CL 17 years of loyalness has paid off :smileyhappy: 

$1,000$600
EX FICO---, EQ FICO---, TU FICO 603, Gardening Since 10-05-14
Established Member
darkman

It's the cash back card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}