cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really like the ARRIVAL card...what do other card holders think?

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Really like the ARRIVAL card...what do other card holders think?

Ive had my Arrival card for like 2 months now and Im really liking this card.

The 2.2 points per dollar is great. The rewards boost mall has a lot of online stores that I use regularly so I have been able to get a lot of extra points and their travel blog is kind of a cool and easy way to earn extra points too. Ive spent maybe 20 30 minutes and accumulatd 10K points from posting stories on the travel story site.

Ive only had the card 2 months and I have already racked up 20,000 points and still have the 40K bonus coming.

I love the fact that I can use the points to redeem against any kind of travel with no restrictive dates. Im also impressed at how quickly they post the reward points and I have also been credited properly for every mall purchase I have made as apposed to Dicover and United, I alwasy have to send emails to get credit.

I could see myself using this card exlusively but I need to get them to up my limit to do that.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Really like the ARRIVAL card...what do other card holders think?

@IWOL wrote:

The 2.2 points per dollar is great. The rewards boost mall has a lot of online stores that I use regularly so I have been able to get a lot of extra points and their travel blog is kind of a cool and easy way to earn extra points too. Ive spent maybe 20 30 minutes and accumulatd 10K points from posting stories on the travel story site.

Ive only had the card 2 months and I have already racked up 20,000 points and still have the 40K bonus coming.

I love the fact that I can use the points to redeem against any kind of travel with no restrictive dates. Im also impressed at how quickly they post the reward points and I have also been credited properly for every mall purchase I have made as apposed to Dicover and United, I alwasy have to send emails to get credit.

I could see myself using this card exlusively but I need to get them to up my limit to do that.

They seem to favor heavy usage. As long as the account remains in good standing, and you didn't went on a crazy spree and racked up 10+ new accounts and inquiries, then chances of auto CLI should be pretty good.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 5
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

+1

I haven't used the travel site to rack up points yet, how does it work?

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 3 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@IWOL wrote:

I love the fact that I can use the points to redeem against any kind of travel with no restrictive dates.

I know it is a great card for many, but the above shows the success of their marketing (Cap One did the same with Venture).   The other way to think of this is: "It's a cashback card but they restrict the redemptions to travel"  

So Fidelity Amex should say "You can not only redeem against any kind of travel with no restrictive dates, but you can buy anything with no restrictive categories!"

Message 4 of 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

I love the fact that I can use the points to redeem against any kind of travel with no restrictive dates.

I know it is a great card for many, but the above shows the success of their marketing (Cap One did the same with Venture).   The other way to think of this is: "It's a cashback card but they restrict the redemptions to travel"  

So Fidelity Amex should say "You can not only redeem against any kind of travel with no restrictive dates, but you can buy anything with no restrictive categories!"

I agree.  They really market these travel rewards cards well, but it can be restrictive in the redemptions.  On the other hand, it encourages guys like me to get out and travel.

The Arrival is a good card for the 1st year, but when the AF kicks in, it's.....yawn. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.