Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really want Amex zync!!! App itch

tag
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: Really want Amex zync!!! App itch

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

I was denied by Amex with a credit score by Fico 652. They came back with a Zync $500.00 c/l if I had proof I had a checking account where they can take the money out every month. After the 6-12 month period the will make it unlimited spending. I had two baddies that were 6 years old. You have to get your foot in the door. They will do a hard pull if you are applying for your 1st Amex. If people have a Amex and apply for another one it counts as a soft pull. I would wait for you scores to go up.

I  you have an Amex, and you apply for another, it counts as a soft pull only if you are denied. If you are approved, it will be a HP. CLI are SP.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 29
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I really want to app for Amex zync, current fico scores are EQ 640, tu 560, exp fako 620. Got approved for auto loan thru my cu a month ago. Should I just pull trigger and apply for the zync. I had a closed charge off acct with them 6 years ago and one closed paid as agree with them 7 years ago as well, is it worth an inquiry???

You need to call and pay off the CO account before AMEX will think about extending new lines of credit to you. They may offer you the oasis program when you call and it actually won't hurt to ask. However you might as well forget about the zync with that upaid CO. Amex has an indefinite memory.

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 22 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@daisydvm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I really want to app for Amex zync, current fico scores are EQ 640, tu 560, exp fako 620. Got approved for auto loan thru my cu a month ago. Should I just pull trigger and apply for the zync. I had a closed charge off acct with them 6 years ago and one closed paid as agree with them 7 years ago as well, is it worth an inquiry???

You need to call and pay off the CO account before AMEX will think about extending new lines of credit to you. They may offer you the oasis program when you call and it actually won't hurt to ask. However you might as well forget about the zync with that upaid CO. Amex has an indefinite memory.

+1 for Oasis program if you call and pay. That's the best way back into AMEX for you.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it turns out I made a mistake stating tht I had an old chagd off from Amex, the acct actually was paid as agree and closed by credit grantor, can't find any Amex charge off on my report! Should I still satisfy my itch to app for the zync?
Message 24 of 29
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So it turns out I made a mistake stating tht I had an old chagd off from Amex, the acct actually was paid as agree and closed by credit grantor, can't find any Amex charge off on my report! Should I still satisfy my itch to app for the zync?
Nope, your scores are still too low. You can do whatever you want, but if you apply don't be surprised if you get rejected. You really should wait another 6-12 months.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice, my head is telling me to garden, my hands keep wanting to app!!! Smiley Sad
Message 26 of 29
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

I got my Amex Green with a very low fico around 613 EX. I did get a preselected offer in the mail though, so I assume they knew what they were getting into haha.

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 27 of 29
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Good advice, my head is telling me to garden, my hands keep wanting to app!!! Smiley Sad

Gardening doesn't always mean just sitting and waiting. Anyone who has had a garden knows that there's a lot of work pulling out the weeds, and fertilizing, and pinching back, and pruning, and keeping things in optimum condition.

Whatever you've got holding down your scores, keeping working on that and making your garden bloom. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 28 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gardening doesn't always mean just sitting and waiting. Anyone who has had a garden knows that there's a lot of work pulling out the weeds, and fertilizing, and pinching back, and pruning, and keeping things in optimum condition.

Whatever you've got holding down your scores, keeping working on that and making your garden bloom. Smiley Wink

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.