cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really want a Venture.. should I apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Really want a Venture.. should I apply?

^ we all do lol.
Message 61 of 68
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
^ we all do lol.

Touche`:

smileylol:Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 62 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!

Going to have to try and PC to QS because im not going to want to pay AF on two cards. AF gets waived first year though so have a year to worry about changing from the QS1 to QS.

Message 63 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the Arrival. I felt you had a good chance with that. Try the Cabelas Visa like I suggested earlier. It's an Eq pull and you have good odds of getting it. The BBVA Compass Am Ex card is an Ex pull and worth a shot as I said before.  This way you are getting only 1 inquiry per bureau. No biggie. You are one card for one so far. Cabelas if you have a 680 Eq will probably approve you for around $2500-$3000.Compass if you get it about the same maybe a little more.

With the Venture you would have had 3 pulls for one card.

Message 64 of 68
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

I used capital one pre-qualify site, and it never shows anything for me. I applied for the venture card and was instantly approved with fico scores ranging from 650-690 on all 3 credit bureaus. So i would go for it. But I did have 4 years history with capital one to be fair.

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 65 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

See 4 years history makes a difference. For someone starting out with them at the bottom, after about 15 months of good history and usage, a Venture preapproval can swing ones way.

Message 66 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture would have been great but end of day happy with the Arrival plus. Basically everything is same as Venture besides 30 more AF but I do like 5% back in miles when redeeming for travel. Not sure if Venture does that.

Arrival will be my new daily now!
Message 67 of 68
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Venture would have been great but end of day happy with the Arrival plus. Basically everything is same as Venture besides 30 more AF but I do like 5% back in miles when redeeming for travel. Not sure if Venture does that.

Arrival will be my new daily now!

@>  Now i'm gonna say what i wanted to say all Along <>  GO and app Now for the Venture!   put @ least $65k for salary  don't worry about annual fee or approval >Watch!  rite now!

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 68 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.