cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really want the CSP! When will be best for me to apply?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Really want the CSP! When will be best for me to apply?

@ftomasze wrote:

I want to apply for the CSP in the coming months but want sone input as to when I should apply.

All you really have to do is consider the usual factors that play into credit scoring as when you should apply is all about when your credit is favorable.  Suggestions above mention the recent accounts which have lowered your AAoA.  A year will give you a slightly better AAoA.  Utilization was also mentioned.  25% may be under the 30% recommended max but you'll get bettter results with even lower utilization.

Your major hits are your derogs.  Either address them (visit the rebuilding subforum) or wait until they fall off.

@ftomasze wrote:

Ugh next year! LOL!

Takes time to build/rebuild.

Message 11 of 12
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Really want the CSP! When will be best for me to apply?

@takeshi74 wrote:

@ftomasze wrote:

I want to apply for the CSP in the coming months but want sone input as to when I should apply.

All you really have to do is consider the usual factors that play into credit scoring as when you should apply is all about when your credit is favorable.  Suggestions above mention the recent accounts which have lowered your AAoA.  A year will give you a slightly better AAoA.  Utilization was also mentioned.  25% may be under the 30% recommended max but you'll get bettter results with even lower utilization.

Your major hits are your derogs.  Either address them (visit the rebuilding subforum) or wait until they fall off.

@ftomasze wrote:

Ugh next year! LOL!

Takes time to build/rebuild.

Is there any chance that you could PFD the collections? That would certainly help.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.