tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Re: Really want the US bank cash+ but dont think i can get it. :(

@B335is wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

i have too many recent inquiries and new TLs... but really want this card..

also heard that it needs about 750+ score...

and i tried the pre qualified site, i am only qualified for a debit card. >.<

Do you happen to have a banking relationship with them?  I'm not really a fan of their banking and they charge for mobile check deposits, so I just keep $1k direct deposit and use other banks for the mobile checks.  US Bank is definitely conservative by large bank standards.  I tried their pre qualifier many times and the debit card only came up.  I applied online for Flexperks and Club Carlson, both times the computer approved, but the underwriters revoked.  When I applied for Cash+ the CSR said approved and a card actually arrived.  They pulled TU for me (live in Michigan), they said my fico was 740 (Walmart said 787).  I think they like some income too (I think the rep said $50k but can't remember for sure).

my TU report is the worst among the three i think.. (i don't know EQ.. but i would guess EQ only has 1 at most 2 inquiries), EX has 4 while TU has 7 >.< I also think that if i apped, they would pull TU...

How recent are those pulls?  They like to look at ARS/IDA also to get a bigger picture.

What do ARS and IDA stand for?

two were in May.. and i have total of three new accounts in May/June... Soooo i really know that its impossible.. but i also feel like even if i garden for six months (until Dec), i still won't have a chance to get it in December.. My score doesn't seem to change at all ever since I got my discover card and see my score every month.. they were ALWASY from 721 to 729... :/

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 11 of 38
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Do you happen to have a banking relationship with them?  I'm not really a fan of their banking and they charge for mobile check deposits, so I just keep $1k direct deposit and use other banks for the mobile checks.  US Bank is definitely conservative by large bank standards.  I tried their pre qualifier many times and the debit card only came up.  I applied online for Flexperks and Club Carlson, both times the computer approved, but the underwriters revoked.  When I applied for Cash+ the CSR said approved and a card actually arrived.  They pulled TU for me (live in Michigan), they said my fico was 740 (Walmart said 787).  I think they like some income too (I think the rep said $50k but can't remember for sure).

my TU report is the worst among the three i think.. (i don't know EQ.. but i would guess EQ only has 1 at most 2 inquiries), EX has 4 while TU has 7 >.< I also think that if i apped, they would pull TU...

How recent are those pulls?  They like to look at ARS/IDA also to get a bigger picture.

two were in May.. and i have total of three new accounts in May/June... Soooo i really know that its impossible.. but i also feel like even if i garden for six months (until Dec), i still won't have a chance to get it in December.. My score doesn't seem to change at all ever since I got my discover card and see my score every month.. they were ALWASY from 721 to 729... :/

ARS = Advanced Resolution Services

IDA = ID Analytics

They're lesser known credit reporting services.  Most banks report to them, but only a handful look at them for new apps (US Bank being one of them).  I don't know that an approval is impossible, but obviously if you can wait 6 months your odds will go up significantly.

Message 12 of 38
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

IDA = ID Analytics

They're lesser known credit reporting services.  Most banks report to them, but only a handful look at them for new apps (US Bank being one of them).  I don't know that an approval is impossible, but obviously if you can wait 6 months your odds will go up significantly.

i feel like its easier to get CSP than cash + Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 38
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I would personally let the new TL age a bit. I think December would already make a difference, next June would be ideal.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 14 of 38
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@SevenNEW wrote:

I would personally let the new TL age a bit. I think December would already make a difference, next June would be ideal.

I dont think i can wait a whole yearWoman Sad

Message 15 of 38
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@B335is wrote:

IDA = ID Analytics

Definitely.

Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't find them to be too picky other than making you apply in branch. Got approved even though I'm still a student. Had 2 other inq same week at the of app
Message 17 of 38
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I didn't find them to be too picky other than making you apply in branch. Got approved even though I'm still a student. Had 2 other inq same week at the of app

You can apply thru phone also even if you don't have us bank in your area. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they would have let me apply through phone. When I went to branch, they made me show my drivers license and made a copy of it believe. I had to do paper app since apparently you couldn't do electronic app if you are under 21 according to some law
Message 19 of 38
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@KennyRS wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@B335is wrote:

IDA = ID Analytics

Definitely.

Yeah, they're not comparable underwriting tiers: CSP is marketed and positioned directly against the suite of Amex products (travel-related products, charge cards, SPG primarily as I understand it) and as such their underwriting guidelines are similar and both are pretty low compared to some other lenders' high tier products.

I don't have much doubt that I could get a CSP if I went and asked for it even with my file and resultant scores, likely even had a pre-approval for one waiting for me when I picked up the Ink, whereas I'm more than confident USBank would laugh at me on a Cash+ app, though I might get the counter-offer... something to sort later depending when I start thinking about mortgage swing again and I really need to get out of my restaurant habit which would be the Cash+ use case for me, but I digress.

        
Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.