Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really want to apply for Bank of America better balance

tag
AverageJoe1970
Contributor

Re: Really want to apply for Bank of America better balance

Got the BOA Cash Rewards VISA Sig last week - Opened w/ $21K CL - Pulled Experian - just refreshed TU and EQ and no BOA HP on those.

Also agree, your utilization seems a bit high.

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

When I got my cash rewards it was a pull on EX and a pull on TU for CLI

Same here.

Was denied on the EX pull but approved with the TU on Recon for BBR card.

Would be to your favor to bring that Utility down as suggested too

Wasn't always this way. Lessons learned.
Scores: Exp838 || Tu840 || Equ839
Credit Card Collection: Chase Sapphire Reserve 48K || Chase United 43K || Barclays Apple 39K || AMEX CASH 37K || BOA CASH 35K || Apple 25K || FNB AMEX 20K || Chase Amazon 15K ||
Utilization: >1%
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, a 6 year old 30 day late got you denied??? Darn, any general advice on credit cards, preferably through a bank, that would not be as picky for my particular FICO? Any other bank of America cards that more people seem to get approved for?
Message 12 of 41
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

BoA reconsideration is a very close second to Chase. If denied, Underwriting will take a human look at your application.

Agree get your utilization down and expect an EX pull.
Message 13 of 41
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
BoA reconsideration is a very close second to Chase. If denied, Underwriting will take a human look at your application.

I still like Barclay's Recon the best.

BoA/FIA reconsideration (Yes, I C/O'd 7+yrs ago but paid them a year later..), while for the most part friendly were serious about their gate keeping. Wouldn't even give me a pissant $500 to screw around with.

Message 15 of 41
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I still like Barclay's Recon the best.

BoA/FIA reconsideration (Yes, I C/O'd 7+yrs ago but paid them a year later..), while for the most part friendly were serious about their gate keeping. Wouldn't even give me a pissant $500 to screw around with.

Well, they are protecting their fortress after all!  But 15 recons is insane.  Maybe, you'll score better with them next year?  There's always that option.  Plus we know you still want BBR and/or Fidelity AMEX.

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do want a BBR of my own. Lol.
Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

can we app for another BBR card if we have one already?

Message 18 of 41
barthooper
Frequent Contributor

Upon finding out about this card a couple of weeks ago, I was interested but saw some people in different threads mentioning that it was likely going to be discontinued soon so I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea or not. Any recent news on this?

Quicksilver - 16k | Discover It - 34k | Citi DC - $21k | Chase Amazon - 8k | Chase Reserve - 19.5k | Chase Preferred - 5k | EX FICO (Discover CSC) 788
Message 19 of 41
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I believe they're usually a TU puller.

It looks as though you primarily have store cards. BBR is not known as one of the easiest cards to get, but maybe someone can chime in with app experience.

They pulled EX for my app but have pulled TU for my CLI and EQ once.

BoA does have a good recon chances though at least in my experience . I got denied for the MLB cash rewards card but called the backdoor and without even asserting much effort got it approved for $2,500 CL. Now it's at $10,000

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.