Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really.......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really.......

Hey guys and gals,

On 3/19 I decided to apply for the Amex BCE, sadly I was denied. However, it turns out that one of my accounts was listed as being two months in which the payment was 30 days late Smiley Sad

I checked all my statement and online records, for the account in question, and have no idea what happened?

To provide a little background info: I applied for a CC at my local CU on 1/17 and was granted a student card. I then proceeded to use the card, starting on 1/28, till my first statement arrived on 2/16. After receiving my statement I payed my account in full on 2/24 and have not used the card since.

I am baffled as to how I received two 30 day late payment notices when I just received my 2nd statement on 3/18? I have disputed this with Experian and planning to do  this for the other two CRA's as they post. This has really set me back as I was planning to use the Amex BCE 0% APR promo to help fund the repair's for my car...... Smiley Sad

Any advice as to what I should do next?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Really.......

I think you need to call your CU and see if you can figure it out. Could you have gotten the due date wrong? Whether it was your error or the bank's, the fastest way to fix it is to get your CU to remove the lates.

If you dispute w/EX, 99% chance it will come back verified. I'd call the manager or go into the branch with your paperwork and try and work it out with them. If somehow it was your error, then you can ask if they can remove it for you since it was an error. In other words, you didn't pay late on purpose; you paid late because you got the date wrong, or whatever the cause. Kind of plead your case with them. If it's their error, then they should just fix it with the CRAs.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

I think you need to call your CU and see if you can figure it out. Could you have gotten the due date wrong? Whether it was your error or the bank's, the fastest way to fix it is to get your CU to remove the lates.

If you dispute w/EX, 99% chance it will come back verified. I'd call the manager or go into the branch with your paperwork and try and work it out with them. If somehow it was your error, then you can ask if they can remove it for you since it was an error. In other words, you didn't pay late on purpose; you paid late because you got the date wrong, or whatever the cause. Kind of plead your case with them. If it's their error, then they should just fix it with the CRAs.

I was planning on stopping in at the CU. However, I have already submited a dispute, should I cancel it? Or should I just worry about my CU's records as the CRA's will just verify the correct info, assuming that the info is corrected?

Message 3 of 4
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was planning on stopping in at the CU. However, I have already submited a dispute, should I cancel it? Or should I just worry about my CU's records as the CRA's will just verify the correct info, assuming that the info is corrected?

I don't think you can stop the dispute, so don't worry about it. The main thing is that it will likely come back verified, even if the info is wrong. The CU is going to have to send the correct info to the CRAs. You may want to pull your TU and EQ reports, too, if you haven't. As it's probably reporting wrong on those as well. Be sure your CU sends the updated info to all 3 bureaus.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.