Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reapply for Chase Slate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reapply for Chase Slate

@arizonahd wrote:

Good idea, I might do that instead. I actually might benefit from it becuase it's over 50% capacity.

what does this mean?  You mean you pay that off every month and you would benefit from the points?

Id say open a chase card that you would benefit from take the bonus, and move the CL from the slate and close it.  AARP $200 free unltd 3% on gas/dining, plus 0% for 12 months on balance transfers....

but if you are paying interest and your card is always half full, pc'ing to the freedom or freedom unlimited is not really the wisest idea as paying interest negates rewards.

just make sure you havent opened 5 cards in the last 24 months, otherwise your only chance would be to go into a chase branch and see if you can get prequalified.

Message 11 of 13
faircredguy
Established Member

I want to do this exact same thing. I literally just PC'd my chase slate to freedom unlimited. But now I am thinking I'd like to make a few big purchases on another "Points card" and BT that to a new chase slate with intro fee free BT and 0% intro APR. Has anybody had success with PCing and reapplying?
Message 12 of 13
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@arizonahd wrote:

I have a chase slate that is doing nothing, I used it to BT some balances a few years ago and now it's useless. I am thinking about closing it, but only if I can reapply for it later. I want the 0% transfer fee BT option again, that was sweet and could come in handy as I have a promo balance expiring next year.

I appreciate if anyone has any experience with this, if it is even possible. I realize they could change terms anytime, but still worth the risk to me. 

There are other CCs with offers on Balance Transfer. Chase hates people who churn them, even with BT.....

Come back in two years or longer.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.