cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason Number two that you should apply for Citi Prestige.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Reason Number two that you should apply for Citi Prestige.

Chase you might  want to grab a pencil and a piece of paper and take some notes.    

So the story begins with a called Citibank concierge service.  I explain to them what I was looking for not only did they meet my expectations they exceeded my expectations.

Arranged everything from contact in the hotel getting me an absolute wonderful rate that I could not turn down.   I will let the picture explain the rest of the story.

THANK YOU CITIBANK!!!!!!   

IMG_1313.PNG

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reason Number two that you should apply for Citi Prestige.

My Chase United card has concierge as well.
Message 2 of 20
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

what's reason #1?

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good deal. I got platinum status with Ritz/Marriott and the vest thing i ever got was a little upgrade. Oh from a regular room to the Ritz-Carlton Suite ie the presidential suite.
Citi prestige is the card ill be dropping come march due to its lack of benifits. I dont stay more than 3 days anywhere.
Message 4 of 20
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@go_FICO_self wrote:

what's reason #1?

Number one is all the great benefits associated with the card.   Even though that some of the benefits will be nerfed in July 2017 it still a wonderful card.  

Message 5 of 20
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

what's reason #1?

Number one is all the great benefits associated with the card.   Even though that some of the benefits will be nerfed in June 2017 it still a wonderful card.  

Note that (according to the FT wiki) the Admirals nerf has already taken effect for new accounts opened after 9/1/16. If someone apps for Prestige today he or she will get no Admirals access from it at all. Not 10 months. Nothing.

In a thread in which you encourage others to app for Prestige, it's important people realize they will never get a major benefit you and I can enjoy for another 10 months.

*And the nerf goes into effect for us on July 23, 2017. Citi did originally say June 2017, but changed it a few days later.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 20
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

what's reason #1?

Number one is all the great benefits associated with the card.   Even though that some of the benefits will be nerfed in July 2017 it still a wonderful card.  

Note that (according to the FT wiki) the Admirals nerf has already taken effect for new accounts opened after 9/1/16. If someone apps for Prestige today he or she will get no Admirals access from it at all. Not 10 months. Nothing.

In a thread in which you encourage others to app for Prestige, it's important people realize they will never get a major benefit you and I can enjoy for another 10 months.

*And the nerf goes into effect for us on July 23, 2017. Citi did originally say June 2017, but changed it a few days later.

Thank you for clearing that up because I surely made a mistake. 

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full disclosure, I've only had my Citi Prestige for about 6 months now, but I've had nothing but good experiences thus far. With that being said, I have yet to redeem by sign-up bonus TYP yet, so I will be comparing that to my experience with UR which was smooth and painless.

On the plus side, the Citi Prestige was my first account/card with Citi and I will say that they have been responsive and easy to work with whenever I had inquiries or questions. The customer service line is very fast and courteous and anecdotally more so than the call-ins I've had with Chase for my CSP.

From my experience as well, Citi has been generous in their CLs, my Citi Prestige currently stands at 20K, starting off with 13K when first opened. 

As a more interesting note for those interested in the CL and CLI process with the Citi Prestige, I originally requested a 17K CLI (30K total) despite having a very short credit history (18 months TOTAL). I figured I would be denied outright since I also just opened the Costco Anywhere card with an initial CL of 8.5k. With that being said, they increased my CL to the previously mentioned total with the following note as the reason for not meeting the 30K CL criteria.

"We couldn't approve the total increase you requested because your new limit is the maximum amount allowed for the income you provided."

Income inputted was 150,000 USD. 

I've probably run 12k through the card over 6 months, PIF every time, 0% reported utilization.

FICO's were average 720's across three bureaus, FAKOs were 740ish. 

Message 8 of 20
awp317
Frequent Contributor

meh, mines getting canceled as soon as the 1.99% apr special runs out on June 17. Honestly, after July it will be the worst 450 a year card out there. Not as huge of deal as the lost perks but I have had the card since november 2013 and they have refused to raise the limit, always citing another reason each time. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 9 of 20
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Great card without a doubt but I'm not sure if it's the best $450 out there, especially now that they are nerfing many things that made this card above the others.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.