cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding...Household Plat Rewards or BBRZ?

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Rebuilding...Household Plat Rewards or BBRZ?

Hello all, I'm in rebuild mode and have been debating what CC to go for to add a second card for now. I realize neither is an ooh-la-la card, but I think it'll help for now. I did the pre-qual site for household and it says I'm pre-qual'ed for 0 AF, 19.9APR rewards card. I am also interested in getting the bonus points for BBRZ, but the pre-qual site doesn't seem to work for that cc. Would the pre-approve, AF, APR be the same for both or are they two totally different beasts? I don't mind the inquiries right now but also don't want one inquiry affecting the other app if I don't like what I see, as I hear HSBC doesn't like giving out more than one each of their cards. Thank you all in advance.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding...Household Plat Rewards or BBRZ?

Thoughts? Also, would a PC be possible from one to the other from anyone's experiences?
Message 2 of 7
beachbum33
New Contributor

I'm furious with HSBC's customer service, I tried to switch my BBRZ for the cash back Household which I think is a better card for me at least, I was told to close the one card in which I did, then apply for the other based on my pre qualification. Declined for Household due to applying for BBRZ 15 months ago, needed to wait 18 months. Called number on declined status they told me could reopen BBRZ since it was less than 30days since closing but would have to take hard inquiry thus took 2 hard inquiry's for no freaking reason at all! Can't wait til they sell their US assets.
Message 3 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I would apply for the Household Rewards card.  Depending on your credit you could get unsecured or secured version.    Even secured version has rewards (very few do that) and you can control your CL. .    BBRZ could end up a high AF, low limit card.

I don't think HSBC does product change,

I just got approved for a Household Rewards card, after having a secured HSBC for 18 months.    They do not graduate their secured cards eitherl   You have to apply.   

Message 4 of 7
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies...

Wolf, that's kinda what I was getting at, the rewards says no AF, but don't know if it'd be the same with the best buy card. I am leaning towards household.
Message 5 of 7
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Went for Household, instantly approved. I got a preliminary term and APR screen, didn't see anything afterwards. Where do I check if I still have 0AF and same APR?
Message 6 of 7
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Called backdoor # for some more info. It seems I did get the Household Rewards with no AF, 0% intro->19.9 %APR. I asked about BBRZ and she said most of those have an AF plus higher interest, so she said this card was probably a better card. Said I can ask for a CLI, but they'd like to see 4-6 months of history with them before granting one. Hope this info helps anyone else out if you were also considering these. I did forget to check what CR they pulled, but it's probably EQ as I had been checking EX and TU in days past and didn't see any soft pulls from them.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.