cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding-Need higher limit for business travel

tag
biggirl309

Re: Rebuilding-Need higher limit for business travel

I understand your issue, I had the same one a couple of years ago.  You are allowed to apply for more than ONE Capital One card.  Apply for a second card, they make you wait 45 day sbeore you are eligibel to apply again but that should at least help your immediate problem.  Good Luck!

Message 61 of 63
Swiftd03
Established Member

I am going to now. I know a lot of people have bad things to say about Cap One but I will probably look their way again in about a month for a rewards card and compare with BOA (we're switching our banking over to them now) to see who can offer the best. Use one for all the business stuff and keep one for everyday expenses to get the rewards.

Message 62 of 63
shanao621
Regular Contributor

That is amazing. Quite honestly reading through this thread I didn't think you'd have any chance getting a CLI. I just sent in a request to the EO office for a CLI on my Cap 1 cards. My situation is a bit different than yours, I was where you are in 2008, I got laid off and my financial situation deteriorate. I had my home foreclosed on in late 2007, and defaulted on all my cards. Thankfully my student loans qualified for unemployment deferral or else it would have been a complete disaster. When I got a new job it was with a tiny family owned firm that had no means to provide me with a corporate card. My solution was having them pre-pay my hotel fees, then I was only worried about the incidental authorization. Now I work for a major financial services firm and have a corporate AMEX with no spending limit. To make matters easier, my employer direct pays my bill so I just charge what I need and leave the rest up to them.  I worked my butt off improving my credit, now have about 7 rebuilder cards and haven't had a single negative item on my credit report for 3 years. I have 7 inquiries on my report, but the most recent is from Nov 2012, all the rest are around a year old. Now I'm basically held hostage by utilization, I e-mailed the EO office to see if I  at least one of my 3 Cap1 cards limits increased from $750 to $5k. Hearing your success story gives me hope that it might be possible. If they approve I could go from mid 600s to the 700 club in a month! Just don't stretch yourself and DO NOT use the card for anything other than business right now because it sounds like you are trying to get your financial house in order. I encourage you to try to get at least one more rebuilder card and of all the crappy options I've had the best experience with Credit One, plus you can prequalify to ensure you have a higher likelihood of getting approved. You'll start at $300, but after a year you'll probably get a CLI, that's what happened to me, last month was one year with them and boom CLI to $450, not much but I'm just biding my time to prime. Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: FICO TU 503 FICO EX 470 FICO EQ 498
Current Score: FICO TU 705 EX 698 FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 63 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.