Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit with Tribute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding credit with Tribute

I have applied for a few cards recently (just beginning to try rebuilding credit), and was shocked after all rejections, Tribute approved me! My CL is $70, but at least it's something Smiley Happy
My question is, do I PIF every month, or pay the min for my scores to go up?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Rebuilding credit with Tribute

First of all, always pay more than the minimum.

Secondly, it's gonna be pretty tough to play any kind of percentage game with a $70 CL. Ideally, you let under 10% report to the credit agencies and then pay that off before your balance due date, but 10% might even wind up being less than your minimum.

Can you post what you know about what the minimum payments would be? --it's probably something like 4% of balance or $10, whichever is greater. You also should call the company and find out when they report to the CRA's (credit bureaus), when they post the statement, and when the balance is due. If you can find that out and post it, too, you should be able to get some good advice here. It's going to be like walking on eggs with that card, though...

There have been some posts about Tribute. You can type in tribute in the search box at the top left and pull some up. Here's one (I'm on Firefox, so you'll have to copy/ paste it into your browser window):

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=12532

This card sounds like it's going to have to be handled with EXTREME care! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 15
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

hauling, that's a very good point regarding the required min payments and not just 'under $7'.

OP, once you find out the min, call Tribute and try to have them reconsider you for 10x that.  Can't hurt.

Was Cap1 one of the cards that denied you?  Your scores seem to be OK enough for them, but as we know, more than scores matter.

Either way, this is good, congrats.  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 11-03-2007 10:29 AM
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tribute card. lol I have every card Smiley Happy. I started with 70 dollar limit and they are giving me 30 dollar limit increase every month. I dont even know where is that card anymore I have to find it. Thanks for reminding me.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you app for Household or orchard.  Me? Not a big Tribute fan.  That being said, PIF every month but only use it once a month for a tank or gas or something.  In 6 mos you may be able to move on to bigger and better things.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say I have every sub prime card now it is time to move to prime cards.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone has tribute card here with limit over 1000?

Message 7 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I dont even know where is that card anymore I have to find it. Thanks for reminding me.Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy hysterical laughter!!! Smiley Very Happy

OK, ashabbir1, I swore to myself that to preserve my sanity, I wouldn't let myself get tangled up in your credit adventures any more, but that is just toooooooo funny!!!

You're going to wind up on a Discovery Health TV show about hoarders, except instead of little pathways in your home through stacks and stacks of shopping bags, you will be slipping and sliding on a million little rectangles of sub-prime cards...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol Hauling. You are too funny Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 15
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

from mytributecard.com
-------------
What is the Minimum Monthly Payment?

The minimum payment on the Tribute MasterCard® will be the greater of 3% or 4% of your billed balance or $20 or $25, depending upon your particular offer plus the greater of any past due amount or amount by which your New Balance exceeds your Credit Line. If your New Balance is less than your Minimum payment, your New Balance will be due in full.
------------

Pay down the entire annual fee (if any) plus first months fee (if any) before the due date.

After the first billing cycle has closed, charge no more than $6.50 (include any monthly fee as a part of that $6.50) a month and PIF when your new statement comes until you start getting the CLIs.

If you need to or choose to charge more, just do bi-monthly payments.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.