Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding credit

tag
rocknsockn
New Visitor

Rebuilding credit

So i'm trying to rebuild my credit and i was advised to open up a credit card but i don't wanna get a bunch of inquieries because i am so anybody know a good credit card i can get that will approve in kind of the 600 range doesn't matter if its a store card just need to get cracking on rebuilding thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebuilding credit

We need WAY more details on your credit file.  What is your FICO score and from which bureau?  What is on your credit file etc.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:

We need WAY more details on your credit file.  What is your FICO score and from which bureau?  What is on your credit file etc.

+1

My only suggestion to get easy credit without HP would be the Shopping Card Trick.  Just do a search on the Board...tons on threads on that subject.   However, not knowing much else about the info mentioned by Crashem, opening TLs may or may not be in your advantage right now. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@rocknsockn wrote:

So i'm trying to rebuild my credit and i was advised to open up a credit card but i don't wanna get a bunch of inquieries because i am so anybody know a good credit card i can get that will approve in kind of the 600 range doesn't matter if its a store card just need to get cracking on rebuilding thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum

With score in the 600 range you should not apply for any revolving cards at this point. To start building your credit profile I suggest secured cards.

sdfcu.org has a good product that will not require a HP and I suggest you stay away from HP's while rebuilding as much as possible 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 9
rocknsockn
New Visitor

yeah sorry first time on here just wanted to put something out trans is the 600 eq is around 610 and i have acouple of open trade lines but there are very close to being paid off which i know will help but i was advised to try and i had credit cards before but closed them a while back and i was advised i should have at least one credit card open to help rebuild.

Message 5 of 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@rocknsockn wrote:

yeah sorry first time on here just wanted to put something out trans is the 600 eq is around 610 and i have acouple of open trade lines but there are very close to being paid off which i know will help but i was advised to try and i had credit cards before but closed them a while back and i was advised i should have at least one credit card open to help rebuild.

You are correct about having credit card to build history.

Can you please give us more details.  You mention open trade lines.  What are they?  What negatives are on your credit report?  What are the open items?

Message 6 of 9
rocknsockn
New Visitor

2 car payments and a consolidation loan when i was younger i let acouple of payments laps into collections i.e. phone bill and old credit card but have since been working on clearing everything out.

Message 7 of 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@rocknsockn wrote:

2 car payments and a consolidation loan when i was younger i let acouple of payments laps into collections i.e. phone bill and old credit card but have since been working on clearing everything out.

Hate to say it.  With a 610ish FICO from old negatives, you will need to do secured card to start.  Can you come up with some cash and how much?  The amount doesn't really need to be high.  Just having the credit lines on your credit reports will raise your score.  It might even raise it enough for you to get some unsecured credit on top of it.

Message 8 of 9
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@rocknsockn wrote:

The simple easy way as advocated by this board....

Apply for capital one for one of their $300 starter cards that doesnt grow... .Wait two weeks after the card arrives.... make a post asking for the EO contact info in one of many threads about this on this board.... send them an email saying how dissatisfied you are with the card... and Viola! instand credit line increase,  and your AF will disappear as well.

Repeat every 6 months for a credit line increase/product change until they cut you off.

Who said rebuilding/establishing credit required any work or a  long term plan? Smiley Very Happy

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.