Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding, few approvals, need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding, few approvals, need advice

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to rebuild my credit after years of ruining it when I was much younger. I started with a Capital Bank, Open Sky Card about 8 months ago with good payment history and decent utilizaton percentage. A few weeks ago, I applied for a Ashley Stewart card in store, and was very surprised when I was approved for the card 3 weeks later with a $250 limit. Since, I have been approved for Victoria's Secret $250, One Plus Shop $250, Walmart $500, and TJ Maxx $250. I used the VS, OSP, and Ashley Stewart cards in the past week for the holidays, and paid them right back off.

Any suggestions on how I can continue rebuilding my credit? I currently have about a 563 CS with all 3 bureaus. I am opening credit lines because I want to purchase my first home next year and I'm looking to establish some good credit history. I do have some collections and charge-offs still on my credit. In the past I had a Orchard Bank CC, Capital One (3 cards), and First Premier, all charged off and some cell phone and medical bills. My credit is showing about 4k in derogatory credit. I have a good payment history for the past 18 months with my vehicle with Santander and student loans in good standing.

I recently just paid off two of the charge-offs. I'm looking for some advice on how to get my CS to at least a 680 if possible.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Rebuilding, few approvals, need advice

Congrats! I suggest gardening the cards you have now. Have one card report a balance of 1%-9% and read the rebuilding thread to see how you may be able to remove baddies. Good Luck with your credit journey and getting a house! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your recent approvals. I know you said you have 18 months of positive history now, but when are the derogatory marks from? 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.