Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding help needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding help needed

I am on the road to rebuilding my credit. I have a car loan reporting with 8 on time payments but can not get approved for any cards including secured ones. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rebuilding help needed

What are your current credit scores?

You have no open credit besides the car loan?

who is the car loan through?

what baddies do you have on your credit? any unpaid credit cards, etc.?

Message 2 of 6
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Who have you tried to get a secured cc through? I would suggest Cap 1 and BOA. Also try your local credit union.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are in the mid 500's with a long list of baddies that I am working on. The car loan is through Nicholas financial ...terrible interest rate but I needed to start somewhere. Cap 1 and B of A both declined for secured. 

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores are in the mid 500's with a long list of baddies that I am working on. The car loan is through Nicholas financial ...terrible interest rate but I needed to start somewhere. Cap 1 and B of A both declined for secured. 

If declined a cap1 secured I would hold off applying right now and work on the baddies.

Do you have some cash to settle some or what is your cash situation?

how recent are the baddies?

is one of them capital one?

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If declined a cap1 secured I would hold off applying right now and work on the baddies.

Do you have some cash to settle some or what is your cash situation?

how recent are the baddies?

is one of them capital one?

Erg, leaving time on the floor = suboptimal.

Get a secured card from SDFCU where the credit check is effectively non-existent for $250 deposit plus the $25 donation for the membership fee, and maybe a second one from OpenSky if they are still around, but derogatories can take time to clean up, and you want to be building positive history at the same time you're cleaning up negative history.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.